Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Textpad Help

Options
  • 15-11-2007 10:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8

anyone able to help me.

I recently Installed Textpad on my computer to use for Java Programming. Everything works fine but when I try to compile the program I get an error message saying The Specified file is not found. I dont have a clue what it is on about.. Help greatly appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,579 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

you need the java runtime environment installed on your pc.

you can download it from www.sun.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Sharpeire

Thanks for the help but i did that and no change on the situation.. Any other ideas?

perhaps a screenshot of what happens when you do this in textpad

Tools >> Compile java.

does a new temp document show up called command results? is there anything in the content pane in textpad if this happens?

textpad.jpg

No temp document

go into configure >> pref. >> tools >> click compile java.

it should look like this.

command ..... javac.exe
    parameters ... $File
    initial folder.... $FileDir

if it still doesn't work, i'd be thinking that the JRE isn't installed properly.

• Advertisement

Everything seems in place and correct, maybe i installed a wrong JRE, I think ill give up because ive been at it for too long now and cant seem to fint the problem

• Closed Accounts Posts: 551 ✭✭✭funktastic

Use eclipse instead of textpad. I know people sometimes say "it's better to be used to the syntax before you move" but man, it's so handy.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,534 ✭✭✭FruitLover

You want the JDK, not just the JRE.

I may have installed the JDK into the wrong place, where should it be saved to??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,534 ✭✭✭FruitLover

Doesn't matter, as long as Textpath can find the compiler. Make sure javac.exe is in your system path.

• Advertisement

how do i check that?? is that what Cremo was talking about?

I reinstalled the JDK(something i have done 3 times previously) and it works now Cheers for the help

Advertisement