Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Problems with latest batch of Odlums strong bread flour

• 15-11-2007 10:56pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,472 ✭✭✭✭

Has anyone here had the same problems as I have had with Odlums strong Wholemeal bread flour? I opened a new bag the other day, and made my usual 50/50 white/wholemeal loaf in my bread making machine. It came out really small, as if it hadn't risen, and I put it down as a one-off assuming I'd screwed up the quantity of ingredients somewhere along the line. I just made another, identical, loaf and got the same result. I notice on the front of the packet that there's a little 'NEW' label on it .. don't know what that's about, but as far as I can see, that's the only thing that's changed, as I was really fastidious about making sure I got everything correct. Maybe they're having to source their wheat from somewhere else due to world shortages and their just isn't enough gluten in it or something?

Advertisement