Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Lazy Teachers

1235»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,623 ✭✭✭dame

togster wrote: »
    student who wasn't thought very much english

No, that would appear to be you. :D

In your last post you displayed a deficiency in English comprehension. That is what I was referring by your not having read it.

One can believe one thing but simultaneously be fed up of the bad eggs who (when you constantly hear of what they are up), give the better teachers a bad name. If this thread creates awareness among teachers (and others) that personal things should be kept for holiday time (and not have extra time taken off for them), then it will have done a service to this country. The taxpayers will be saved from paying for their extra time off (as well as a substitute teacher) and the children will be able to go to school without the disruption of having different teachers appear and disappear. It will save work for the principals (looking for substitutes), and it will improve morale among teachers (when they know they are all having the same time off). Of course people arriving back from sick leave with a tan should be a cause for action as well. Perhaps doctors need to be stricter in giving out certs. That's another day's work.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭togster

Oh you forgot about the rest of my post up there. Care to comment?

Oh you forgot about the rest of my post up there. Care to comment?

Done.

dame wrote: »
    Done.

Thats not a comment. But if you want to run away and hide thats fine too. Guess you weren't on a debating team in school:rolleyes:

Thats not a comment. But if you want to run away and hide thats fine too. Guess you weren't on a debating team in school:rolleyes:

Re-read the post above. It was being edited when you prematurely asked for a comment. I was fantastic at debating, at second and at third level. :p I still am. Hmm, perhaps I was a politician or a lawyer in a previous life??

No, that would appear to be you. :D

In your last post you displayed a deficiency in English comprehension. That is what I was referring by your not having read it.

One can believe one thing but simultaneously be fed up of the bad eggs who (when you constantly hear of what they are up), give the better teachers a bad name. If this thread creates awareness among teachers (and others) that personal things should be kept for holiday time (and not have extra time taken off for them), then it will have done a service to this country. The taxpayers will be saved from paying for their extra time off (as well as a substitute teacher) and the children will be able to go to school without the disruption of having different teachers appear and disappear. It will save work for the principals (looking for substitutes), and it will improve morale among teachers (when they know they are all having the same time off). Of course people arriving back from sick leave with a tan should be a cause for action as well. Perhaps doctors need to be stricter in giving out certs. That's another day's work.

LOL " a service to the country". Please. You are trying to snake your way out of comments you have made in this thread. I can repeat them again if you wish? But then again you could just read above:p As for the debating skills i can't imagine what team you were on because those same skills you speak of are lacking now. Really if you had started the thread with the above post you might have opened peoples eyes. But your starter was sensationalist and really proved detrimental to your great "cause".

Can't wait for the next thread. maybe this thread will have done you a "service" and help you make decent thread in the future.

Re-read the post above. It was being edited when you prematurely asked for a comment. I was fantastic at debating, at second and at third level. :p I still am. Hmm, perhaps I was a politician or a lawyer in a previous life??

Im sorry for not waiting for you to edit your post. Your right that was premature of me:rolleyes:. You still are a great debater?? Ha nothing to say to that one. With these superior skills of yours mizz dame i am truly stuck for words:p

i am truly stuck for words

Good! :p

NB: There is an edit facility here, there isn't in a real-life debating situation. Different skills are required and demonstrated in such a situation. I'm sure you can appreciate that fact.

Im sorry for not waiting for you to edit your post. Your right that was premature of me:rolleyes:. You still are a great debater?? Ha nothing to say to that one. With these superior skills of yours mizz dame i am truly stuck for words:p

You were premature to ask again for a comment when one had already been given. The "done" was to alert you to the fact. Obviously that was a bit subtle for you.

• Advertisement

Good! :p

NB: There is an edit facility here, there isn't in a real-life debating situation. Different skills are required and demonstrated in such a situation. I'm sure you can appreciate that fact.

Oh for sure. I can appreciate the fact. You were the one who said i had prematurely made a remark. Which in fact i hadn't because you had been editing. As for debating skills here is the dummies guide to debating!!

1) Make you opening point. This should contatin your main points of contention.

2) Use facts to back up your points (you didn't)

3) don't make sweeping claims. (you did)

4) Stick to your point. Don't go off on random tangents because you are loosing (you did)

5) DEBATE. Don't correct people on their use of grammar. It makes you look like you are lost for points to conter argue with (you did this too)

So there you go dame. Read it and learn. Maybe sometimes in the future you will re-aattain those winderfull debating skills you claim you once had.

Have a good one.:)

Oh for sure. I can appreciate the fact. You were the one who said i had prematurely made a remark. Which in fact i hadn't because you had been editing.

:rolleyes: Read my last post. All will be made clear. ;)

Thank you for the "Debating For Dummies Guide". I may read it if I'm ever bored enough but quite frankly I don't need it. :p

P.S.: This is After Hours.

Oh but you do need it. Believe me. Im off to start a thread about engineers now... don't really know yet what about but perhaps that female engineers aren't as good as men. But hold on i don't think i will because i don't crave the attention and its simply not true!!:rolleyes:

Oh but you do need it. Believe me. Im off to start a thread about engineers now... don't really know yet what about but perhaps that female engineers aren't as good as men. But hold on i don't think i will because i don't crave the attention and its simply not true!!:rolleyes:

So did you read the explanation of why you were premature then? Going to acknowledge that yes, you were in fact premature?

Start all the threads you like dear. That's what Boards is for. Any new thread started is done so for the purpose of gaining attention for something or other, (especially those in After Hours :D). In fact, one could argue that even the act of registering on a forum such as this and making posts, is, by its' very nature, attention-seeking. Stripped down, the reason for making any post is seeking to have attention (and possibly validation) given to your views. That must make every boards-user (including you) attention-seeking.

So did you read the explanation of why you were premature then? Going to acknowledge that yes, you were in fact premature?

Start all the threads you like dear. That's what Boards is for. Any new thread started is done so for the purpose of gaining attention for something or other, (especially those in After Hours :D). In fact, one could argue that even the act of registering on a forum such as this and making posts, is, by its' very nature, attention-seeking. Stripped down, the reason for making any post is seeking to have attention (and possibly validation) given to your views. That must make every boards-user (including you) attention-seeking.

I wasn't in fact premature. I can't wait around for you to finish editing your post. I still am lost as to what you mean tbh. As for your valuable insight into forum users and their personalities, you have yet again made assumptions based upon what exactly, your own experiences? Speak for yourself. I didn't join for attention. Maybe you did? And this latest sensationalist thread of yours reinforces the fact that perhaps you have a major chip located on your shoulder. A good debater never accepts defeat but then again it has to be actually be a debate. Im leaving this thread now before it gets locked. So put out you hands dame... Heres your ars#e.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

Hey everybody.
    Look at me.
    I can lock threads that are going nowhere and can warn (some) people about trolling.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement