Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Car history check - preferred choice?

Options
  • 15-11-2007 11:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭

Hi folks,

I've looked at a used car in a local independent dealer for my other half today. Everything is 100% and as expected/described. It drives well and there is no apparent repairs/concealed damage. Basically it has ticked all of the boxes to proceed to a potential purchase tomorrow afternoon.
    My last check now is finance. What's the preferred method - it's my first time to use such a service since it was introduced to Ireland. Googling it brings up a number of different outfits offering the service as does a boards.ie search - so I was hoping for some personal feedback if at all possible :)

What about the 'original' phoneline you could call prior to the introduction of the websites - is that worthwhile/accurate to use?

Cheers!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 warthog_76

found these guys quick & cheap before. Think they all work off Irish Credit Bureau database so the results should be the same regardless of who you use

http://www.carsireland.ie/car-check.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 493 ✭✭cooper_man

Lads,

Ive used www.motorcheck.ie before (i used it once when it used to be called autocheck.ie!)

I found it very good, i used it when selling my car to have a full history report and proof that there was no finance outstanding on the car, i also used it then when buying my new car just to make sure everything was alright.

It has a mileage record in it too as far as i know and if they have a reading which is higher than what you have entered it alerts you about it (noting it could be clocked etc). :)

For 35euro for a history report and a finance report, it's WELL worth it in my opinion!

Anyway, thats my 2 cents worth!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭ciarsd

Thanks all, got sorted out and the car will be picked up later this week!

Advertisement