Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Where can I get one of those driveway pillar thingies?

• 16-11-2007 12:40am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,650 ✭✭✭

Hello all. I'm looking for one of those steel driveway pillars that drop down into the ground when the car is out and locks up when the car is in the driveway, e.g., at night. I suppose they have a name? :) I've seen plenty in Dublin but haven't noticed any about here. Anyone know if they are sold locally?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,797 ✭✭✭Paddy20

shayser wrote: »
    Hello all. I'm looking for one of those steel driveway pillars that drop down into the ground when the car is out and locks up when the car is in the driveway, e.g., at night. I suppose they have a name? :) I've seen plenty in Dublin but haven't noticed any about here. Anyone know if they are sold locally?

I would think the local Gardai would be able to give you a contact, after all they have 'Crime prevention Officers' whose advice is free.

P. :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,023 ✭✭✭il gatto

A jack hammer, a dark night and an hour to spare and you're sorted. Like you said, plenty in Dublin. They'd hardly miss a few:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 hi-fi

Bonnars Engineering,Canal rd, L/Kenny or Tommy Coyle Engineering, Bonagee, L/kenny would do those.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,346 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

I'm perplexed why you would want one in donegal?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,650 ✭✭✭shayser

hi-fi wrote: »
    Bonnars Engineering,Canal rd, L/Kenny or Tommy Coyle Engineering, Bonagee, L/kenny would do those.
    Cheers hi-fi, I will give those a try
    I'm perplexed why you would want one in donegal?
    Security for my car. Local yobo's threats to steal it. The house was broken into earlier this year and robbed so I wouldn't put it past them. Planning CCTV also.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,640 ✭✭✭Gillie

A lady up the road from me has one. Trouble is her new merc won't fit in the drive with the bar up so she's fupped!
    Just something to bear in mind if:
    a) you have a small drive way
    and
    b) your getting a bigger car...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,346 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

shayser wrote: »
    Cheers hi-fi, I will give those a try

Security for my car. Local yobo's threats to steal it. The house was broken into earlier this year and robbed so I wouldn't put it past them. Planning CCTV also.

A house alarm is something need everywhere. For newer cars they need to get hold of the keys which means a house break-in. Now if they get the car keys then surely they'll get the key to the bar thingy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,650 ✭✭✭shayser

Aye, it's a battle alright. Got Eircom phonewatch in after the break in (the second incident). Maybe that will do. Just thinking that the more obvious the deterrents the less quick some may be to try.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,800 ✭✭✭Senna

even those dummy cctv camera's would be a good investment, their only €30 or so and will be a good deterrent. You can get ones will the flasing LED light so they look even more realistic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,023 ✭✭✭il gatto

You can get a working CCTV for not alot more. Hook it up to an old longplay video or if your clever enough (I'm not) use a capture card type device and record it to your P.C. and set it up to dump the recorded data every few days. If something happens, store it and run off a copy for the Guards.:) (Note, I haven't done any of this myself. Procrastinator)

• Advertisement
Advertisement