Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Partner is moving home next yea - without me

Options
  • 16-11-2007 12:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

I have been with my partner 7 months and since we met we have only spend the odd weekend apart - we r very close but not in a crazy way

He is asian and announced to me recently that he may be moving back home in a year - most lightly - while this is perfectly understandable after 9 years living here - i was shell shocked - there also seems like no plan whatsoever to bring me with him - which i also kinda understand because of his religion he is expected to get married and we both know when he moves back his family will have a future wife arranged for him -he may want this as he loves kids

While i dont blame him for wanting to move home i am a little shocked - because he wants us to go on like we have a future - i wish we did - but he does not seem to want to discuss it at all - he says he loves me and we should see what happens - but i noticed in his internet history he has been looking at possible positions out there - not send off cvs but seems to be more of checking what the job market is like...

i know most people will say im a fool for being allowed to be lead like this when i know there is no future - i could spend my life with him as im happy....

i guess im just venting my feelings and ive no where else to dump them

I always knew he felt the same about me - but if he has these feelings about leaving and he casually mentions about buying a house and such out there - what am i supposed to think...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

A terrible but manageable amount of pain now Vs a horrific amount of pain in 12 months time.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Enjoy what you have while it lasts.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭anotherlostie

7 months...

If it was 7 years then I might be inclined to give advice! Anytime I've known a couple to be so wrapped up in each other after a couple of months, they're wrapped up in their next respective relationships within a year or two.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,346 ✭✭✭Rev Hellfire

Well if he's looking into moving and doesn't seem interested in bring you forward with him it would seem obvious that he's not interested in a serious commitment.
    So the question is why are you still there, I'm sure if you brought this to PI you'd get a chorus of dump them and move on. Although better to the dumper than the dumpee.

Advertisement