Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Great Promos

• 16-11-2007 2:36am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭

Actually following on from the earlier thread we should reminisce as well about the truly great and memorable promos.

its late and I'm tired but off the top of my head:

Heyman's promo pre Survivor Series during the Invasion.
    Flairs acceptance speech after Rumble 1992
    Foley's ECW "Cane Dewey" rant against the fans
    Cornettes anti WCW rants on Raw around 1996/7
    Flair's rant at Bischoff at the reformation of the Horsemen on Nitro
    CM Punk turning on the ROH fans and signing his WWE contract on the belt

I spotted transcripts to a load of these on another forum last week, I'll try to dig 'em out and post em tomorrow.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,602 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

Your order sucks. The Cornette weekly RAW rants in 97 should be the top of that list! Especially as he was supposed to be posing as a neutral party, and would debut the NWA invasion a couple of months afterwards :D
    VR!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

You've already mentiond my 2 favourites:

Cane Dewey, no need to say anymore
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=46GD13xAR-s

Heyman the smackdown before SurSer during InVasion angle(sent a shiver down my spine)
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=vswZ73WETpc

Heyman at the first WWE One Night Stand(slagging Edge and JBL mainly :D )
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=XXzAEbfjeXo

RVD at above PPV, heartfelt from Mr. ECW and being annoyed that he couldnt perform on the night
    Cant find video for this one :(

Can someone link to that Heyman promo from during the InVasion angle, tried youtube but no luck

Cancel that, got the link and i posted it in my above post

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

Punk's promo after winning the ROH title is one of my top picks. Foley's done some really cool stuff in recent years, with Orton and Funk, can't pick any specific ones off my head though

I really liked some of Raven's ECW promos, can't remember any too specifically though. Terry Funk cut an awesome one on Raven that I watched a few months ago, Funk's had many great ones. I saw one he did on Lawler in Memphis Wrestling a couple of years ago that was brilliant

Oh yeah, the promo Mick cut on Randy where he was in a room on his own and he made his eye bleed. That was amazing

Two of the best in WWE this year were Flair's rant at Carlito and Dusty Rhodes's promo before his match with Orton

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

Fozzy wrote: »

Oh yeah, the promo Mick cut on Randy where he was in a room on his own and he made his eye bleed. That was amazing

I couldn't tell you how many times I watched that.

Ugh, great! Another youtubefest post. :(
    VR!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,733 ✭✭✭ec18

anything by the Rock/Jericho

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,042 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Takers decade of destruction promo.

Warriors promo in WCW confronting Hogan. For once it was actually a really good promo from the man!

In Helwigs defence, he was actually cutting good promos by the time late 1990 rolled around. His promo against DiBiase on SNME "Dollars do not buy desire, bankrolls do not build biceps" wasn't bad. He'd a really good set of promos against Savage for Mania VII too.

VR!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,057 ✭✭✭Wacker

I'll second the Heyman one pre Survivor Series '01. T'was amazing.

Ric Flair's promo to Michaels just before Bad Blood 2003. It went as follows, if memory serves:Michaels said he felt that Flair had pashed the torch to him before, and Ric said that he had not. To be Ric Flair, every year you have to spend $1M, have sex with 1,000 women, and wrestle 300 times. No one else comes close.

Regarding Foley, I prefer what is known as the Anti-Hardcore promo to the Cane Dewey promo, although both are classic.

RVD and Heyman did awesome promos at ECW One Night Stand, but it must also be said that JBL did a great promo too. He really ripped into ECW in a brilliant manor. JBL couldn't wrestle worth a damn, but he sure could break out a good heel promo.

Nearly any promo done by Bubba Ray in ECW. That guy could rile a crowd! One particularly shocking one was where he repeatedly invited a fan to attack him (and the fan seemed ready to go), and he said that the woman beside him had thaught he daughter how to suck a d*ck. Nice.

Rhyno's promo to the Sandman at Guilty As Charged, 2001. This was ECW's last PPV, after they had lost TNN. He opened with "Why am I the ECW Television Champion when this sh*tty, broke-ass company don't even have TV." That's got to hurt! Also, pointing at Sandman's belt, "If that's the belt everyone's ready to die for, then that's the belt I'm ready to kill for."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 868 ✭✭✭tdv

The promo HBK did in Montreal in 2005 when he was feuding with Hogan.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭The Bull

This is a good one

http://youtube.com/watch?v=Hf_4dlA7kak

The Rock is a god on the mic.

"Ah shut your mouth ya thong wearin fatty" what a line

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,057 ✭✭✭Wacker

Onto THE promo man of the WWE: The Rock.

The Rock's promo to Hogan where he challenged him for Wrestlemania was one of his best non-comedic ones. In terms of comedy promos, his one at Wrestlemania 18 where he got the Coach to say his prayers ("What's up, G? Coach here...."), before ripping into Hogan again was awesome.

Rock also did a great one coming up to the Royal Rumble of 2002, where he would pick some random wrestler and say e.g. "The Hurricane thinks he's going to win the Royal Rumble...", and the people he picked would get more and more ludicrous. The returning Golddust. A cameraman. A kid of about eight in the crowd. Brilliant stuff.

His promo to Foley where he denied running down Austin was also fantastic. You guys remeber where he broke out the Swedish? It went like this (written phonetically) "Heeeyaaawww heeeeneeee schneeerneee... The Rock didn't run over stone Cold on the heeeeeeeeeeeeeee heeeeeeeee." Followed by Chinese: "Ching-dong pind-bong Stone Cold aaahhhh ieeeee!" I was in stitches.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭The Bull

http://youtube.com/watch?v=-fgpFRyd5mc

This one was short but Booker T Rules "suckkkkkkkaaaaaaaa!"
    I will miss him now he has left the wwe

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,815 ✭✭✭Charlie

How has no one mentioned the Foley promo he cut on HHH, on a Smackdown taping before the Royle Rumble 2000, the one where he rips his short off to reveal himself as Cactus Jack.

It still raises hairs on my neck.

I thought Hunter did a great job of selling the promo through his facial expression.

Feckin youtube has removed it though.

On a side note, I think their feud is probably my all time favorite program between two wrestlers.

Anyone ever see J.R's worked shoot from around '95, very weird to see J.R in that light.

Anyone ever see J.R's worked shoot from around '95, very weird to see J.R in that light.

Was watching that just the other night! It was the end of September 96 where he gets bitched at after bringing Razor and Diesel back, only they were fakes. As he walked off the air he also said he was the one responsible for so many people leaving the company as revenge for bad treatment.

I also believe there was an In Your House before that where he kept having problems with his headset and he stormed off the set.

Great moments in a somewhat dull period.
    VR!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 741 ✭✭✭pingu_girl

Theres been a few Ive loved over the years heres some I could find on youtube ill post more later.

When The Rock gives rolex's to Mark Henry, Kama and D'lo and special gift to Faarooq (Raw 21.2.1998).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_uRuo-X2iOE

Austins speach after winning the king of the ring 1996.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AtN8n34VPMM

Scott Halls debut on wcw for pure shock value at the time

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6mZt_0L4IuY

Weren't youtube/dailymotion links banned from all posts except the video thread? :mad:
    VR!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭Double C

I love Shelley's "Personal Jesus" promo from Manhattan Mayhem in 2005. It covers the whole feud between him and Gen Next and his subsequent 'blackballing' from the rest of the locker room for his past wrong doings. He makes you feel sorry for him.

But that was in ROH so why should that count?

Im kidding.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

Weren't youtube/dailymotion links banned from all posts except the video thread? :mad:

They're allowed if they're on topic, relevant and lead to more discussion, so easy on the posts with just links to Youtube

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭Tricity Bendix

Jake Roberts' promos from the Snake Pit used to scare the bejesus out of me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

Paul Heyman shoots on Vince, Smackdown (pre Survivor Series 2001)

[Chorus of Boos]PH: In just a few moments, at my leisure, I'm gonna call, Vince McMahon, out to his ring, in front of his public, on a television show that's owned by his grand company. At least, that is, until this Sunday at Survivor Series.
    [Asshole, Asshole, Asshole]
    [MC: I echo that]
    PH: I know how much you people appreciate what Shane and Stephanie and I have done, how Shane and Stephanie and I have stood up to the tyranny of Vince McMahon, and the way it is, ladies and gentlemen, is quite simple. The WWF will die this sunday. [Booooooooooooooooo] But don't blame me for that, It's not my fault, I'm not the one who ruined everything that was accomplished by Stone.. Cold.. Steve.. Austin. [Booooooooooo] You see at Survivor Series, it means much more then just the personalities that are involved, it's about ending what Vince McMahon has tried to accomplish. I sat there at that desk on Monday, and I listened to Mick Foley, and I agreed with everything that Mick Foley had to say. That the WWF truly does suck [Booooooo] Don't boo me. Have you watched the television show lately? Vince McMahon has lost his mind, the man doesn't have it anymore, he's a has-been, his ideas are antiquated, his concepts are draconian and Mick Foley was right, because the WWF is imploding from within. Like every great empire, the WWF is imploding from within. Vince's loyal employees, like ‘Stone cold’, left him, like Mick Foley, want nothing to do with him, Vince's own children want him to burn in hell, and I don't blame them. Vince McMahon will see the WWF die this Sunday, at Survivor Series, and he has no hope to save his precious company. Vince McMahon has the same chances of saving the WWF as he did of realising his dream of starting a Football League.
    [(Music)No chance, that's what you've got]
    [MC: Here we go, Vince McMahon isn't gonna wait for Paul Heyman to call him out. The owner has heard enough.]
    [T: In the words of JR, business is about to pick up]
    [MC: Look at the idiot Heyman. I'll tell you something now, Vince McMahon has insisted on winning, Sunday. A family legacy is at stake, 40 years, and Vince McMahon'll be damned if his ungrateful children and that pompous ass, PaulHeyman, are gonna run him out of business]
    [Music continues ... Massive Cheers]
    PH: I.. I want you to know.. that I was down on my knees because I know that you're used to men, [puckers] kissing your ass, Vinny. Everytime you walk in the back, there's Patterson and Brisco "Oh, what a great idea you had, Vince. [Puckers] Muh Muh Muh Muh! Muh Muh Muh Muh!". You like men kissing your ass don't you, Vince. Huh. 'Cause that's what you're all about, a billionaire, the billionaire, Vince McMahon. The creator of sports entertainment. I've waited so long to see you face to face like this, and I've waited so long to tell you to your face, that I hate your stinking guts. But it's not just me, it's your children, that hate your stinking guts, Vince. And at Survivor Series, your children are gonna do to you, what I've waited my whole life to see somebody do to you, Vince. You are, so help me god, the most disgusting, vile, son of a bitch, I've ever seen in my life. [Booooooooo] You took Hulk Hogan's blood and you built Titan Towers. You stole Bret Hart's dream and with that money, bought yourself an airplane with 'WWF' all over it. You did that, and you know it, you son of a bitch. You stole Shawn Michaels smile, took your company public, and made yourself a billionaire, but not a self made billionaire, like you like to tell everyone you are, oh no. See, you're a billionaire on other people's hard work. Your father, your father, Vince McMahon, your father went around the country and shook the hand of every.... You know I'm telling the truth don't you, you know in your heart I'm telling you the truth.., that your father shook the hand of every promoter in this country and swore to them that he would never compete against them, that his son would never compete against them, and when your father DIED, you competed. And with your ruthless, merciless, take-no-prisoners attitude, you drove everybody out of business, didn't you, Vince? You ran all the competition into the ground and you stole all their ideas, and you made yourself a billionaire out of it. And you know who's ideas you stole the most, Vince? You stole mine. You see, I don't give a damn about Don Owen and Sam Muchnick and Jim Crockett, I care about what you did to me and my family. How you stole my dreams! How you stole my legacy! How you stole everything that ECW represented. Because while Doink the Clown had green hair and a rubber nose, ‘Stone Cold’ Steve Austin was drinking his first beer in ECW, damn you. [Mild Cheers] While Bobby Heenan and Gene Okerlund were dancing around, singing "Tutti Frutti", ECW was producing the edgy TV that you named 'attitude'. Oh, We got attitude, You got nothing, man. What you got is my ideas and you stole MY LIFE, MY MONEY, MY LEGACY!! [Boooo] Screw you, Screw you and your family. I'll tell you something, your own children hate your guts and on Sunday, your children are gonna get even with you, for everything that you stole from me, for everything that you stole from them. You flaunt your affairs in front of your Wife, You flaunt your affairs in Playboy for your children to read. You bastard. Look at Tazz. Look at Tazz, this man was a killer, he was a machine, he was a wrestler, a great wrestler, a real man but wrestling's a dirty word to you isn't it Vince? Your father built a wrestling company, and you.. you had to have sports entertainment. We have to have sports entertainment, ha ha ha. He was a wrestler, he was a great wrestler, he was a man, and now.. he's a fat, little, obnoxious colour commentator, and not even a good one. [Boooooooo] He is a sports entertainer. He is not a wrestler, 'cause you made wrestling a dirty word. You made wrestling a dirty word, Vince. What kind of man are you? [Tazz! Tazz! Tazz! Tazz!] What kind of a man takes wrestling and makes it sports entertainment?
    [Cheers]
    [MC: What are you doing?]
    PH: At Survivor Series, You're going down. You're going down, Vince. I promise you, [Huge Cheers] you're going down and I'm gonna watch it and your children are gonna lift their leg, standing over your grave and we're gonna laugh. And you know what else I'm gonna do, Vince? I'm gonna whip your ass and there's not a damn thing you can do about it. I'm feeling good about myself. I..... [Massive cheers as Tazz chokes out Paul Heyman]
    [MC: Hey, Tazz's got a tazzmission on Heyman. Choke him out, Tazz, Damn it, Choke him out. The tazzmission locked in, choke out that peice of trash! Teach him a damn lesson, Tazz, choke him out.]
    VM: Paul Heyman, you are the epitomy of the alliance, because this Sunday at Survivor Series, the alliance will CHOKE.

Key: PH=Heyman, VM=McMahon, MC=Cole, T=Tazz

Ric Flair is awarded the WWF Title, Royal Rumble 1992.

GO: Alright, by virtue of winning the Royal Rumble, we have a brand new World Wrestling Federation champion. As the press look on, at this time to present the title belt to the new champion, our president, the distinguished Jack Tunney.
    JT: Congratulations, Ric Flair, on becoming the undisputed champion of the World Wrestling Federation.
    RF: Let me just say, after carrying the belt that proclaimed me the real world champion, I’m gonna tell you all, with a tear IN MY EYE, this is the greatest moment in my life. When you walk around in this life and you tell everybody you’re number one, the only way you get to stay number one, is to be number one. And this is the ONLY.. title.. in the wrestling world that makes you number one. When you are the king of the W.. WF, you rule the world, Think about it like that, Mr Perfect..., The Brain, Whoooo!.
    BH: Let’s give a big one, Whooooooooooo! You did it. I was never so impressed with anything I saw in all my life, he went out there for over 60 minutes, never took a back step. Took it to Hogan, took it to the Undertaker, took it to whoever got in that ring, that’s why he is, and you can call him now, the real World Heavyweight Champion.
    MP: Hey Bobby, We’re not the kind of guys to say we told you so, but we.. told you so.
    GO: Okay, very good. Ric Flair, you have made World… Put that cigarette out. You have made World Wrestling Federation history here tonight.
    RF: This is the greatest moment in my life. I wanna jump, I wanna party, but I gotta tell you like this, for the Hulk Hogan’s and the Macho Man’s, and the Piper’s and the Sid’s, now it’s Ric Flair and you all pay homage to the man, Whoooo! I love it. I love it. I love it!

Key: GO=Okerlund, RF=Flair, MP=Perfect, BH=Heenan, JT=Tunney

Hulk Hogan turns heel, Bast At The Beach 1996

GO: Hulk Hogan, excuse me. Excuse me! What in the world are you thinking?"
    HH: Mean Gene, the first thing you need to do is to tell these people to shut up if you wanna' hear what I've got to say… The first thing you gotta' realize, brother, is this right here is the future of wrestling (pointing to himself, Hall, and Nash). You can call this the New World Order of Wrestling. These two men right here came from a great big organization up north and everybody was wondering who the third man was. Well, who knows more about that organization but me, brother?… Let me tell you something. I made that organization a monster. I made people rich up there. I made the people that ran that organization rich up there. And when it all came to pass, the name Hulk Hogan, the man Hulk Hogan, got bigger than the whole organization.
    Billionaire Ted wanted to talk turkey with Hulk Hogan. Well Billionaire Ted promised me movies, brother. Billionaire Ted promised me millions of dollars. Billionaire Ted promised me world caliber matches. As far as Billionaire Ted goes, Eric Bischoff, and the whole WCW goes, I'm bored brother. That's why these two guys here, the so-called outsiders, these are the men I want as my friends. They are the new blood of professional wrestling. And not only are we going to take over the whole wrestling business with Hulk Hogan and the new blood, the monsters with me, we will destroy everything in our path, Mean Gene.
    [Fans pelted the ring with garbage]
    GO: Look at all of this crap in this ring. This is what's in the future for you if you want to hang around with this man Hall and this man Nash.
    HH: As far as I'm concerned, all of this crap in the ring represents these fans out here. For two years, brother, for two years I held my head high. I did everything for the charities. I did everything for the kids. And the reception I got when I got out here - you fans can stick it, brother. Because if it wasn't for Hulk Hogan you people wouldn't be here. If it wasn't for Hulk Hogan, Eric Bischoff would still be selling meat from a truck in Minneapolis. And if it wasn't for Hulk Hogan, all these Johnny Come Lately's that you see out here wrestling wouldn't be here. I was selling out the world, brother, while they were pumping gas in their car to get to high school. So the way it is now, brother, with Hulk Hogan and the New World Organization of Wrestling, me and the new blood by my side, whatcha gonna do when the New World Organization runs wild on you.
    [TS: We have just seen the end of Hulkamania… Hulk Hogan, you can go to hell. Straight to hell.]

Key: GO=Okerlund, HH=Hogan, TS=Schivone

Jim Cornette, Raw 6th Oct 1997

JC: This is Jim Cornette and the views that I’m about to express are not neccessaraliy those of anybody else but me, but they ought to be, and as a matter of fact they probably are. You know a lot of things in the wrestling world make me cranky these days, especially the way that some talent is treated and some talent is looked at, by not only the promoters, but the wrestling fans as well. For example, a man like Arn Anderson, who just had to retire from this sport, after giving it his entire life, because of an injury that he suffered. A guy like ‘Nature Boy’ Ric Flair, who, in my opinion, is one of the greatest talents in the history of this business. Guys like Mankind, Cactus Jack, Dude Love, whatever you wanna call him, great talents in the WWF or WCW. But who gets a lot of the attention? From the wrestling fans especially, guys like the nWo, the New World Order. You know all the fans think these guys are so cool and so sweeeeet and so funny. Well as far as I’m concerned, the nWo is like a bunch of guys meeting out in the backyard in a clubhouse in a tree. They’re guys who… they got the easiest job in the world, all they have to do is go out there and be themselves. Childish, obnoxious, adolescent guys with a case of severe arrested emotional development and a fixation on trying to act macho. You got a guy like Kevin Nash, 40 years old, trying to act like a teenager. As far as I’m concerned, the biggest no-talent in the business, he’s got six moves, no mobility and enough timing to cover up for some of us. But what he does, is he goes around and he manipulates. Kevin Nash had a multi-million dollar promotional company, the WWF, push him to the moon to make him a star and then what does he do? He leaves, after he gives his word that he’s staying, so he’s a liar too, he leaves and he goes to WCW for a big contract. Why? More on that later. You got a guy like Scott Hall, who’s a good wrestler, but good’s about it, he’s the best of the bunch, but he’s got a multi-million dollar promotional company make him a star after he’s been in the business 10 years without putting 3 asses in a seat, and what does he do? He goes to WCW for a big contract. Why? More on that later. And then you got a guy, Syxx, 123 Kid, whatever? His name’s Sean Maltman, Waltman, whatever you wanna call him. Well as far as I’m concerned, the only reason he’s employed is because the other guys think it’s funny when he gets drunk and throws up on himself. He has the distinction, in case you haven’t noticed, of being the only guy since this “Wrestling War” got started, to be released from a valid contract with one company to go to the other side, which shows you how valuable he is. You know why they’re all employed, why they’re all in the spot the are today? Because of Eric Bischoff, the boss of WCW, not the nWo. Look at the credits on their PPVs, if you can get one for free, the idiot’s name is on it. He’s the boss of WCW, he works for Ted Turner and he throws the billionaire’s money around just like water, so that he can have guys that he likes to hang out with. Because even more then being a mark, Yeah, for his own face and his voice, Eric Bischoff is a guy who’s a big fan of hanging around with stubbly guys with long hair who ride Harley’s, so that some of that can rub off on his little pansy-ass frame. So he takes that billionaire’s money and he throws it around like water to buy guys that he can hang around with to prove that his Johnson is bigger then everybody else’s. And that’s the sole reason that the nWo guys are employed. I think, me personally, that it’s about time that the wrestling fans and the promoters, all of them in this business started recognizing guys like ‘Nature Boy’ Ric Flair, like Arn Anderson, like Cactus Jack. Guys who bust their ass, who work hard and have ability and have talent to get were they are, instead of guys who get were they are by hanging around with the boss and sucking up. I’m Jim Cornette and that’s my opinion.

Ric Flair, Nitro, 14/09/98

"My God, thank you. Thank you very much. I'm almost embarrassed by the response, but when I see this, I know that the twenty five years that I've spent trying to make you happy every night of your life was worth every damn minute of it."

"Now, somebody told me that the Horsemen were having a party tonight in Greenville! Could that be true that the most elite group, that Eric Bischoff said was dead, is alive and well? Bischoff, this might be my only shot, and I've got to tell you, I'm going to make it my best."

"Is this what you call a great moment in TV? That's wrong, because this is REAL! This is not bought and paid for! It's a real life situation! Just like the night in Columbia, South Carolina (when Arn Anderson retired), when you looked at me, tears in my eyes, and said "God, that's good TV", it was real! Arn Anderson passed the torch, it was real, damn it! You think Sting was crying in the dressing room like I was on TV if it wasn't real? This guy, my best friend, is one of the greatest performers who ever lived, and you, you squashed him, in one night. Then you get on the phone and tell me, 'disband the Horsemen, they're dead.' Disband the Horsemen, me? You know what, I looked at myself in the mirror the next day and I saw a pathetic figure that gave up and quit! And for that, I owe you, the wrestling fans, I owe these guys an apology. Because it won't happen again!"

Eric Bischoff started walking down the aisle, saying "You're finished Flair!"

Flair responded, "Bischoff, whatever you think...no, you're an overbearing asshole! That's right! You're obnoxious, you're an obnoxious, overbearing ass! Abuse of power! You! Abuse of power! Cut me off! Come on! It's called abuse of power! (Flair threw down his jacket) You suck! You, I hate your guts. I hate your guts. You are a liar, you're a cheat, you're a scam, you are a no good son of a (bitch, which was muted on the broadcast). Fire me? I'm already fired! Fire me! I'm already fired!"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

my favourite Dusty promo was when he fought Flair and said something along the lines of "the other horsemen better find some other planets, cos i reserve the stratosphere for you and me", what a great line

flahavaj wrote: »
    Paul Heyman shoots on Vince, Smackdown (pre Survivor Series 2001)

[Chorus of Boos]PH: In just a few moments, at my leisure, I'm gonna call, Vince McMahon, out to his ring, in front of his public, on a television show that's owned by his grand company. At least, that is, until this Sunday at Survivor Series.
    [Asshole, Asshole, Asshole]
    [MC: I echo that]
    PH: I know how much you people appreciate what Shane and Stephanie and I have done, how Shane and Stephanie and I have stood up to the tyranny of Vince McMahon, and the way it is, ladies and gentlemen, is quite simple. The WWF will die this sunday. [Booooooooooooooooo] But don't blame me for that, It's not my fault, I'm not the one who ruined everything that was accomplished by Stone.. Cold.. Steve.. Austin. [Booooooooooo] You see at Survivor Series, it means much more then just the personalities that are involved, it's about ending what Vince McMahon has tried to accomplish. I sat there at that desk on Monday, and I listened to Mick Foley, and I agreed with everything that Mick Foley had to say. That the WWF truly does suck [Booooooo] Don't boo me. Have you watched the television show lately? Vince McMahon has lost his mind, the man doesn't have it anymore, he's a has-been, his ideas are antiquated, his concepts are draconian and Mick Foley was right, because the WWF is imploding from within. Like every great empire, the WWF is imploding from within. Vince's loyal employees, like ‘Stone cold’, left him, like Mick Foley, want nothing to do with him, Vince's own children want him to burn in hell, and I don't blame them. Vince McMahon will see the WWF die this Sunday, at Survivor Series, and he has no hope to save his precious company. Vince McMahon has the same chances of saving the WWF as he did of realising his dream of starting a Football League.
    [(Music)No chance, that's what you've got]
    [MC: Here we go, Vince McMahon isn't gonna wait for Paul Heyman to call him out. The owner has heard enough.]
    [T: In the words of JR, business is about to pick up]
    [MC: Look at the idiot Heyman. I'll tell you something now, Vince McMahon has insisted on winning, Sunday. A family legacy is at stake, 40 years, and Vince McMahon'll be damned if his ungrateful children and that pompous ass, PaulHeyman, are gonna run him out of business]
    [Music continues ... Massive Cheers]
    PH: I.. I want you to know.. that I was down on my knees because I know that you're used to men, [puckers] kissing your ass, Vinny. Everytime you walk in the back, there's Patterson and Brisco "Oh, what a great idea you had, Vince. [Puckers] Muh Muh Muh Muh! Muh Muh Muh Muh!". You like men kissing your ass don't you, Vince. Huh. 'Cause that's what you're all about, a billionaire, the billionaire, Vince McMahon. The creator of sports entertainment. I've waited so long to see you face to face like this, and I've waited so long to tell you to your face, that I hate your stinking guts. But it's not just me, it's your children, that hate your stinking guts, Vince. And at Survivor Series, your children are gonna do to you, what I've waited my whole life to see somebody do to you, Vince. You are, so help me god, the most disgusting, vile, son of a bitch, I've ever seen in my life. [Booooooooo] You took Hulk Hogan's blood and you built Titan Towers. You stole Bret Hart's dream and with that money, bought yourself an airplane with 'WWF' all over it. You did that, and you know it, you son of a bitch. You stole Shawn Michaels smile, took your company public, and made yourself a billionaire, but not a self made billionaire, like you like to tell everyone you are, oh no. See, you're a billionaire on other people's hard work. Your father, your father, Vince McMahon, your father went around the country and shook the hand of every.... You know I'm telling the truth don't you, you know in your heart I'm telling you the truth.., that your father shook the hand of every promoter in this country and swore to them that he would never compete against them, that his son would never compete against them, and when your father DIED, you competed. And with your ruthless, merciless, take-no-prisoners attitude, you drove everybody out of business, didn't you, Vince? You ran all the competition into the ground and you stole all their ideas, and you made yourself a billionaire out of it. And you know who's ideas you stole the most, Vince? You stole mine. You see, I don't give a damn about Don Owen and Sam Muchnick and Jim Crockett, I care about what you did to me and my family. How you stole my dreams! How you stole my legacy! How you stole everything that ECW represented. Because while Doink the Clown had green hair and a rubber nose, ‘Stone Cold’ Steve Austin was drinking his first beer in ECW, damn you. [Mild Cheers] While Bobby Heenan and Gene Okerlund were dancing around, singing "Tutti Frutti", ECW was producing the edgy TV that you named 'attitude'. Oh, We got attitude, You got nothing, man. What you got is my ideas and you stole MY LIFE, MY MONEY, MY LEGACY!! [Boooo] Screw you, Screw you and your family. I'll tell you something, your own children hate your guts and on Sunday, your children are gonna get even with you, for everything that you stole from me, for everything that you stole from them. You flaunt your affairs in front of your Wife, You flaunt your affairs in Playboy for your children to read. You bastard. Look at Tazz. Look at Tazz, this man was a killer, he was a machine, he was a wrestler, a great wrestler, a real man but wrestling's a dirty word to you isn't it Vince? Your father built a wrestling company, and you.. you had to have sports entertainment. We have to have sports entertainment, ha ha ha. He was a wrestler, he was a great wrestler, he was a man, and now.. he's a fat, little, obnoxious colour commentator, and not even a good one. [Boooooooo] He is a sports entertainer. He is not a wrestler, 'cause you made wrestling a dirty word. You made wrestling a dirty word, Vince. What kind of man are you? [Tazz! Tazz! Tazz! Tazz!] What kind of a man takes wrestling and makes it sports entertainment?
    [Cheers]
    [MC: What are you doing?]
    PH: At Survivor Series, You're going down. You're going down, Vince. I promise you, [Huge Cheers] you're going down and I'm gonna watch it and your children are gonna lift their leg, standing over your grave and we're gonna laugh. And you know what else I'm gonna do, Vince? I'm gonna whip your ass and there's not a damn thing you can do about it. I'm feeling good about myself. I..... [Massive cheers as Tazz chokes out Paul Heyman]
    [MC: Hey, Tazz's got a tazzmission on Heyman. Choke him out, Tazz, Damn it, Choke him out. The tazzmission locked in, choke out that peice of trash! Teach him a damn lesson, Tazz, choke him out.]
    VM: Paul Heyman, you are the epitomy of the alliance, because this Sunday at Survivor Series, the alliance will CHOKE.

Key: PH=Heyman, VM=McMahon, MC=Cole, T=Tazz

anyone have a link to that?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,815 ✭✭✭Charlie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,042 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Advertisement