Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mazzy Star-Fade into You

Options
  • 16-11-2007 8:14am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭

Was just watching the video for this on Youtube again (Youtube is just brilliant for obscure faves) and i was reminded of what an effortlessly sublime piece of music it is (the video is great as well).

It's not like anything else i can think of.
    It's just so atmospheric and otherworldly.

Other than Fade into You though i don't actually know that much about Mazzy Star as the band didn't get a lot of airplay in Ireland and i never really got into them. :(
    But this track is just great.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,599 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

If i recall correctly, Mazzy star is one person, Hope Sandoval.
    Get her duet with the Jesus and Mary Chain - Sometimes Always. Worth a listen. Think it's from 1992.

VR!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭tech77

If i recall correctly, Mazzy star is one person, Hope Sandoval. Get her duet with the Jesus and Mary Chain - Sometimes Always. Worth a listen. Think it's from 1992. VR!

No they were a band alright with Sandoval lead vocalist.
    I might check that JAMC stuff out.
    Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

Got her song "Into Dust" after I heard it on House M.D, album is definitely on the way, really nice stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

Fade Into You is an amazing track alright, the album it appears on, So Tonight... is absolutely fantastic (Five String Serenade is another great track off it)... for similar stuff check out Slowdive's Souvlaki LP.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭condra

Choooooooooooooon

• Advertisement

Yeah mazzy star wre fantastic...So tonight that I might see and Among my swan were two spectacular albums..It was Hope Sandoval and some dude whos name escapes me..She brought out a solo album.."Hope Sandoval and the warm intentions...Bavarian Fruit bread" a few years ago, which was ok..They've not actually officially split up, just taken a hiatus..for 13 or 14 years, but i think they sorta said they may get back together at some stage..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 551 ✭✭✭funktastic

Hope Sandoval also guests on 'Asleep From Day' on the 'Surrender' album by The Chemical Brothers. Really nice track.

Advertisement