Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

oh my f*kin god, this damn virus

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,970 ✭✭✭ActorSeeksJob

Well your PC doesn't seem to be infected. Could be a security conflict between your programs.

Start WinPFind3U. Copy/Paste the information in the quotebox below into the pane where it says "Paste fix here" and then click the Run Fix button.
    [Kill Explorer]
    [Registry - Non-Microsoft Only]
    < BHO's > -> HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Browser Helper Objects\
    YN -> {7E853D72-626A-48EC-A868-BA8D5E23E045} [HKLM] -> Reg Data - Key not found [Reg Data - Key not found]
    < Internet Explorer Bars [HKCU] > -> HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Explorer Bars\
    YN -> {32683183-48a0-441b-a342-7c2a440a9478} [HKLM] -> Reg Data - Key not found [Reg Data - Key not found]
    < Internet Explorer ToolBars [HKCU] > -> HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Toolbar\
    YN -> WebBrowser\\{0B53EAC3-8D69-4B9E-9B19-A37C9A5676A7} [HKLM] -> Reg Data - Key not found [Reg Data - Key not found]
    YN -> WebBrowser\\{42CDD1BF-3FFB-4238-8AD1-7859DF00B1D6} [HKLM] -> Reg Data - Key not found [Reg Data - Key not found]
    YN -> WebBrowser\\{6F4F95AF-1647-4B72-A632-055405455423} [HKLM] -> Reg Data - Key not found [Reg Data - Key not found]
    < Internet Explorer Extensions [HKLM] > -> HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Extensions\
    YN -> {85d1f590-48f4-11d9-9669-0800200c9a66} [HKLM] -> Reg Data - Key not found [MenuText: Uninstall BitDefender Online Scanner v8]
    YN -> {92780B25-18CC-41C8-B9BE-3C9C571A8263} -> Reg Data - Value does not exist [ButtonText: Research]
    [Files/Folders - Created Within 30 days]
    NY -> exefld -> %SystemRoot%\exefld
    NY -> lwd.exe -> %SystemRoot%\lwd.exe
    [File String Scan - Non-Microsoft Only]
    NY -> @Alternate Data Stream - 26 bytes -> %SystemDrive%\consbackup.zip:Zone.Identifier
    [Empty Temp Folders]
    [Start Explorer]
    [Reboot]

The fix should only take a very short time. When the fix is completed a message box will popup telling you that it is finished. Click the Ok button and Notepad will open with a log of actions taken during the fix. Post that information back here along with a new WinPFind3u scan(attach the WinPFind3 scan report).

I will review the information when it comes back in.

Make sure you only have one anti-virus program, one firewall, and only one real-time anti-spyware protection program. Also try HijackThis now and post the log.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 345 ✭✭FindingNemo

Well your PC doesn't seem to be infected. Could be a security conflict between your programs.

Start WinPFind3U. Copy/Paste the information in the quotebox below into the pane where it says "Paste fix here" and then click the Run Fix button.

The fix should only take a very short time. When the fix is completed a message box will popup telling you that it is finished. Click the Ok button and Notepad will open with a log of actions taken during the fix. Post that information back here along with a new WinPFind3u scan(attach the WinPFind3 scan report).

I will review the information when it comes back in.

Make sure you only have one anti-virus program, one firewall, and only one real-time anti-spyware protection program. Also try HijackThis now and post the log.

Hi there,
    Thanks for that.
    Unforunately, it just hangs though, I've left it for 5 minutes and it's just a blank screen with the timer.
    I have uninstalled any rogue programs, anti viruses that aren't needed, I've rebooted.

What to do now ? :-(

managed to get this running. still cant install av anti virus or delete certain folders

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,558 ✭✭✭kaiser sauze

How long have you had finderg.com as your homepage?

How long have you had finderg.com as your homepage?

I didn't think I had, don;t even know what finderg.com is!

All seems to be getting better after alot of hard work.
    Now I'm getting

WINNT/BAGLE.GEN is a virus and can't seem to get rid of it :-(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,558 ✭✭✭kaiser sauze

I didn't think I had, don;t even know what finderg.com is!

All seems to be getting better after alot of hard work.
    Now I'm getting

WINNT/BAGLE.GEN is a virus and can't seem to get rid of it :-(

You're better off not knowing what it is.

I'm sure that ASJ will be back to you soon and he will show you what else you may need to do.

In the meantime might I suggest that you try and edit your homepage in your browser(s). Change it to 'boards.ie' or another site you use regularly. If it changes from what you set it then you still have issues and the URL I gave to you is going to be part of the problem.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 793 ✭✭✭white_falcon

ah no, tis better u do know what it is...

http://www.internetnews.com/security/article.php/3509901

the bagle virus...ZOMBIES!

Advertisement