Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cushlawn Park

Options
  • 16-11-2007 10:32am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

Hello All,

Ok, i was wondering could anyone help me out with this. I lived in Cushlawn Park in Tallaght for over 7 years & over that period of time we noticed weird things happening in the house like:

1. One night me & my father came home, opened the front door & we got a light bulb fired down the stairs at us & there was nobody else in the house.

2. Another night we were all in bed & the bedroom door got banged down.

3. We had a dog while living there & one night while in bed again, the dog stared to go crazy in the kitchen, slamming herself off the door & found dead in the kitchen the next morning.

I was told by another man who lived there before me that he heard some wired things in that house too but he put it down to him been high on cannabis,

Now i was also told that those houses’s in Cushlawn were built on mass grave from the famine, can anyone confirm if this is true or false for me please? I haven’t been able to find any info online about this.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 782 ✭✭✭DANNY22XX

i lived in killinarden for 13 years and i heard that many people from cushlawn,donomore,knockmore,the heights and killinareden est they all had problems with the uexplained .the best thing tom is to make a dairy of whats happening and see if there is a pattern.this is your house not theirs.
    how long have you lived at the house,who was there before you and the past tennets lived there always good to check with neighbours.
    i have heard that all that area was built on ruins and have heard of mass graves from the famine.
    if you would like to talk more on this i have sent you my details and i can also give you info on who to contact about the history of the land.try googling a map of tallaght from 1800 or before or after there has to be a link for it somewere.
    ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,952 ✭✭✭✭Stoner

6th from here has been involved with a lot of "private" issues in that area, he is from and lives there so you could also pop him a PM.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

Yeah fair bit of stuff up around that area alright but I dont think it has anything to do with the famine graveyard etc.

Highly populated areas tend to be more active imo which goes against peoples ideas of the spooky secluded homes etc.

I'm out in Tallaght for all of my 30 years and the stuff I here is usually rumours or when I get contacted on the quiet ... people just dont talk openly about this stuff. I'm very lucky in that many people have come to me with stories & experiences over the last few years.

• Registered Users Posts: 782 ✭✭✭DANNY22XX

heres a link might help you tom
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tallaght

all the links ref tallaght are there from history to now .
    just remember were killinareden,cushlawn ,and the surrounding areas was tallaght lands up as far as jobstown so you should find somthing there........

your not to far from the hellfire so could be a connection to it or just some poor old spirit trying to get your attention....
    let us know how you get on;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Sgt Tom

Hello Again,

Thank you for the replies to this & the links to the history of Tallaght, i don’t actually live there anymore i haven’t for the last 14 years or so, but this always seemed to bother me about the place.

Before my family live there & the man before us, I was told that a woman lived there & she left the place & all her things in it, like just wanted to get out of the house.

This is interesting from the link that Danny posted it says: The place name Tallaght is derived from the words támh leacht, meaning a plague burial place.

Another thing that happened in that house to me was, I was in the Kitchen one night making a cup of tea for my mother & brought the tea into the sitting room, then i remembered that i left the kitchen light on, i could see the light shining in the hall, so off i went to turn off the light, got out into the hall & the light was off already, but the weird thing was i got the felling that when i went out it would be off. That was the first thing that happened to me in that house.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Sgt Tom wrote: »
    Another thing that happened in that house to me was, I was in the Kitchen one night making a cup of tea for my mother & brought the tea into the sitting room, then i remembered that i left the kitchen light on, i could see the light shining in the hall, so off i went to turn off the light, got out into the hall & the light was off already, but the weird thing was i got the felling that when i went out it would be off. That was the first thing that happened to me in that house.

Possible explanation:

You turned off the light when leaving the kitchen, brought your mother the tea, then saw the light in the hall and assumed you didn't actually turn off the kitchen light, so went out and -- now remembering somewhat that you had already turned off the kitchen light -- got the wierd feeling that it would already be off. Turns out it was, and the light in the hall was actually from a different source (car passing by? lamp in the hall? light from the landing/upstairs? light from the tv in the sitting room?).

Just offering a possible explanation, I don't know the layout of your house...
    1. One night me & my father came home, opened the front door & we got a light bulb fired down the stairs at us & there was nobody else in the house.

What do you mean by "fired"? How fast was it going? Was there any empty light sockets nearby afterwards (ie. did it fall from one)?
    2. Another night we were all in bed & the bedroom door got banged down.

Also what do you mean by "banged down"? Loud knocking? It blew open? It actually FELL OVER? Did it have hinges?
    3. We had a dog while living there & one night while in bed again, the dog stared to go crazy in the kitchen, slamming herself off the door & found dead in the kitchen the next morning.

Coulda been anything driving the dog crazy... loneliness, noise from outside, a cat scratching on the door, an underlying illness... And it wouldn't surprise me that she died if she was slamming herself off the door all night and nobody stopped her!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Sgt Tom

DaveMcG wrote: »
    Possible explanation:

You turned off the light when leaving the kitchen, brought your mother the tea, then saw the light in the hall and assumed you didn't actually turn off the kitchen light, so went out and -- now remembering somewhat that you had already turned off the kitchen light -- got the wierd feeling that it would already be off. Turns out it was, and the light in the hall was actually from a different source (car passing by? lamp in the hall? light from the landing/upstairs? light from the tv in the sitting room?).

Just offering a possible explanation, I don't know the layout of your house...

What do you mean by "fired"? How fast was it going? Was there any empty light sockets nearby afterwards (ie. did it fall from one)?

Also what do you mean by "banged down"? Loud knocking? It blew open? It actually FELL OVER? Did it have hinges?

Coulda been anything driving the dog crazy... loneliness, noise from outside, a cat scratching on the door, an underlying illness... And it wouldn't surprise me that she died if she was slamming herself off the door all night and nobody stopped her!

Hello,

1. No the light was on in the kitchen, i know this because i was holding the hot cup of tea with both hands & walking slow up the hall & into the sitting room, handed the cup of tea over to my mother, then went back playing with my toy cars i could see the light shining in the hall, that’s when i got up to go turn the light out, got out into the hall & the light was off.

There was no light on upstairs, no lamp in the hall, it wasn’t a cars headlights because i lived on a straight part of the road so no car was going to light up the hall & the TV was cross the other side of the room.

2. By “fired” i mean it was thrown down the stairs at us, the bulb did not blow & smash because you know the part of the bulb that clicks into the socket? Well that came with the bulb, now if the bulb did blow that metal part of the bulb would have stayed in the socket + we never attempted to turn the light on as we came in because we were carrying things in from the car.

3. By “banged down” i mean it was like someone getting the side of their hand & banging the door, not knocking, like thumps on the door if you know what i mean. The door did not open or fall over.

4. My dog i can assure you she was not lonely she was always with us part of the family, she was a healthy dog never had any probs with her health she went to the vet to get boosters, no probs eating, wormed every few months, walked every evening, the only times she was put in the kitchen was at night, other wise she would leave you a few surprises in the morning all over the house & we never had a probe with putting her in the kitchen then, just on this particular night she went crazy & we came down to her multiple times that night to stop her, as in tried to calm her down, as for a cat scratching on the door I don’t think that would cause a dog to slam itself off the door over & over, she seem genuinely afraid that night.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 oisinhogan88

Hey I know this was put p years ago, but myself and my wife are kinda in the process of moving to cushlawn and its only when I said it to my mother which lives in Tallaght that we were looking at a house, she told us of a story that was apparently in the echo about a woman who lived in a house in Cushlawn an that it was haunted, and that she left, leaving everything behind, we start looking for info online and found this and I'm wondering if its the same house were going for, My wife has had experiences before and she said this wont bother her but we are interested in learning more about it as its in Cushlawn Park, I'd really love to hear back as I have a feeling it might be the house.

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

Zombie thread, closed as many of the original posters may be loooooong gone.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement