Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Commuting to Waterford

Options
  • 16-11-2007 10:42am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 603 ✭✭✭

Hi Kilkenny City folks,

Anyone commute to Waterford every Monday to Friday?

Does it take ages? Is the traffic horrendous?
    Is it really not much of a deal especially when youve experienced Dublin traffic for many many years!

Answers on a postcard please to BeatNikDub!!

Ta,

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

I don't know anyone commuting from Kilkenny City but it takes 40-45min odd from Callan if you take the back roads, faster then taking the normal road and less traffic

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

There's plenty of people doing it every day. Hate that poxy road - roll on the new one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 MisterCrown

I've just started doing it in the past few weeks and it takes around 1 hour 15-30 mins from Newpark in Kilkenny to the IDA industrial estate. The problems start when you hit Granny just before the junction with the Carrick road. From there it's 20 - 30 mins to the bridge in first gear.

Big difference during the October mid term school break when the whole journey took less than an hour. Roll on the big new road.

• Moderators Posts: 6,860 ✭✭✭Spocker

^^ What Cabaal said; I go from Callan to the Northern End of the IDA industrial estate; it takes me ~45 mins most mornings, including stoppage time at the roadworks near the Ring Road

• Closed Accounts Posts: 101 ✭✭kitty_kilkenny

I've just started doing it in the past few weeks and it takes around 1 hour 15-30 mins from Newpark in Kilkenny to the IDA industrial estate. The problems start when you hit Granny just before the junction with the Carrick road. From there it's 20 - 30 mins to the bridge in first gear.

Big difference during the October mid term school break when the whole journey took less than an hour. Roll on the big new road.

Are ya mad? Take the back roads. From Kilkenny, take the Kells exit off the ring road, head for Kells, Kilmoganny, Owning, Piltown, cross the bridge at Fiddown, turn left and go past Port Law. Take a left when you meet the main Cork Road, through Kilmeaden and you're right where you need to be.
    I do it in 55 mins from Dunmore Road in Waterford to Patrick Street KK.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Kitty is correct and she's one of thousands or so it seems! Its a race track at times.

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 wellboy1976

BeatNikDub wrote: »
    Hi Kilkenny City folks,

Anyone commute to Waterford every Monday to Friday?

Does it take ages? Is the traffic horrendous?
    Is it really not much of a deal especially when youve experienced Dublin traffic for many many years!

Answers on a postcard please to BeatNikDub!!

Ta,

Are you joking.......................half of kilkenny work in Waterford

• Closed Accounts Posts: 130 ✭✭deise-lady

Are you joking.......................half of kilkenny work in Waterford

I think you'll find the other half of Waterford work in Kilkenny :D

• Registered Users Posts: 19,413 ✭✭✭✭road_high

deise-lady wrote: »
    I think you'll find the other half of Waterford work in Kilkenny :D

Lots of Waterford people work in surrounding towns and counties too! This is just the normal functioning of a region, it's great that people can have the option to do this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,442 ✭✭✭Firetrap

I don't think you need a passport at the border....yet :p

• Advertisement
Advertisement