Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What side are you???

Options
  • 16-11-2007 11:13am
    Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭

Just a curious question I thought I put up....

What side do you sleep on most???

Me I sleep on my front or sometimes my side but rarely ever my back. I think I have a fear of swollowing my own tongue in my sleep or something!!!

What side do you sleep on most??? 13 votes

Your Front
    0% 0 votes
    Your Back
    76% 10 votes
    Your Side
    23% 3 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,986 ✭✭✭Red Hand

Front and on my side. I very very rarely sleep on my back.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,835 ✭✭✭unreggd

ye need more options!

I usually lie on my back, then my side, then usually wake up on me stomach, in all diff angles

Front and possibly on my right side. Can't lie on my left side due to an injury incurred when I was in my early teens (collarbone - gets uncomfortable after a certain amount of time lying on it).

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,258 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

Mostly on my back when alone, but love to cuddle on my side with company.

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭Clytus

my wife sleeps on here back and with her knees in the air....very odd.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,555 ✭✭✭SuperSean11

The most healthy way to lie is on your right side because it puts less pressure on your heart. Just thought yous should know:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,637 ✭✭✭kev_s88

right side or back

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭Lawless_Samurai

Was out on the beer last night and when I got in afterwards slighly more then a bit drunk. Anyway went to bed and was lying on my side for awhile until I moved on my back and as soon as I did that I got an almighty headache!!!! What the hell it was like lying on my back was the switch in my head to INJECT THE PAIN!!! :D:):D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 171 ✭✭lucyburn

I usually fall asleep on my side but wake up on my back (i must move about in my sleep) i never ever fall asleep while lying on my back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 192 ✭✭KIVES

Going to sleep sober I always drift off whilst lying on my left side - and strangely enough I was told years ago by someone older/female...lets just call her an 'old wife' to give her pronouncement some gravitas, that sleeping on your left side was unhealthy as your heart is positioned proportionately more to this side of your body..what medical qualifications she had, I never thought to question...maybe she'd seen it on Doctor Kildare...hasn't effected my liking for left side sleeping though...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

Usually start on my back but wake on my left side kinda curled in a ball :)

I read somewhere that curling up in ball when your asleep is to do with when you were curled up in your mothers womb. Its a comfort thing or something, Thought it was interesting! :D:):D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭Malteaser!

I usually fall asleep on my side and wake that way too. I dunno how much I move during the night coz the sheets are never really that disturbed!!

Does anyone not move in their sleep? I rarely move in my sleep. I wake up exactly the same way I fall asleep and wonder is that bad for ya because I was told way back when that you move in your sleep to keep your blood flow moving around your body

• Registered Users Posts: 6,900 ✭✭✭Quality

I toss and turn all night.

Waking up to turn to get comfortable,

I used to love sleeping on my front until I had my first chilid not that comfy anymore

Advertisement