Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

SSL Problem with IE

• 16-11-2007 11:16am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,321 ✭✭✭

All,
    Trying to logon to a website (for testing) that we have setup in our job.
    I can access the site when SSL is not on and I can access the site on Firefox with no problem. My work colleague can access it on IE with SSL on with no problems. We have tried all the usual stuff, can ping the machine, my host file is setup ok and exceptions setup in IE ok aswell.
    I have tried everything but it seems like the browser cannot even get out to the site (no request when logging turned on.
    Any ideas.?
    Thanks
    Sham

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,321 ✭✭✭sham69

Anyone?
    I have had 5 senior technicians look at this and they are lost.
    Could be a pint in it....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 345 ✭✭FindingNemo

sham69 wrote: »
    All,
    Trying to logon to a website (for testing) that we have setup in our job.
    I can access the site when SSL is not on and I can access the site on Firefox with no problem. My work colleague can access it on IE with SSL on with no problems. We have tried all the usual stuff, can ping the machine, my host file is setup ok and exceptions setup in IE ok aswell.
    I have tried everything but it seems like the browser cannot even get out to the site (no request when logging turned on.
    Any ideas.?
    Thanks
    Sham

is it page can't be displayed or unauthorized or .. ?

Is there anything recorded in the eventviewer ?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,415 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

are you all using the same version of IE ?
    have you reset settings in IE / tried a different profile on same machine / emptied cache ?
    same proxy settings ?
    is it setup in trusted sites / tick box for https ?
    add ons
    phishing filter / popup blocker

pity IE isn't a standalone app - trouble shooting would be sooooo easy - just run copy in the other folder

do you have any software running they don't especially firewall / vpn ?

Tried all of the above.
    Had a tech turn loggin on and there isnt even a request going to the site?
    Working fine in Firefox and in IE with out SSL (if I disable SSL).
    Nothing really different on my machine than everyone elses but I seem to be the only one that can't access it?
    Everybody has more or less given up and I have to test from a different desk and machine.

Nothing in event viewer and page cannot be displayed is showing..>
    Thanks for the advice so far.

Forgot to say, upgraded to IE 7 from 6 and it still doesnt work.....
    Would uninstalling and re-installing help?

• Advertisement

Sorry also forgot to say that I can access another SSL site that runs on the same box with no problems.

have you checked on the webserver under directory securty,
    if there are any restrictions to IP Addresses ?

in IE, do you have all SSLs enabled, if you go to Tools, options, advanced,
    make sure ssl1.0 2, and 3 are enabled.

I'd imagine it's the SSL problem in your IE settings as I mentioned earlier,

also check if you can telnet onto the port

telnet machinename 443

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Ginger

Install Fiddler (http://www.fiddlertool.com/fiddler/) and use it to see if you can connect to the server and what requests are coming back in the header information. You will also port info and authentication methods as well.

Also are you guys going through an authenticated proxy and if so are you in a different group or have different rights than someone else.

Another check is to see if you have any personal firewall software, if its turned on, turn it off while you are checking to ensure that it is not blocking the information.

Is the webserver machine on a local network? You can access it on port 80 but not on 443 (and its just you having this issue?)

And can you also tell me what zone this is in according to IE when you are looking at it. You will see it down on the right hand corner. This will tell us what security settings to look at as well. Should something like Internet, Intranet, Trusted and Restricted

Thanks guys for all the help and patience.
    Here is what I have so far.
    I can telnet to the port ok.
    No personal firewall used.
    Going through Auth Proxy same as everyone else.
    It seems to be just me having issue (3 other people tested and got to site ok)
    It seems to be saying "Internet" in bottom right of screen even though I have it set for intranet, i.e Host file and exceptions set properly as per other people.
    Gonna try fiddler now and see what I get.
    Thanks again.
    Sham.

• Advertisement
Advertisement