Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Rush & the Manics

• 16-11-2007 11:22am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,106 ✭✭✭

Seen a quote from Nicky Wire of the Manic Street Preachers a few times about Rush being the biggest cult band in the history of rock, so assumed that he was a fan in his youth but probably abandoned them once he found fame with his blend of anarcho-syndicalist populism and situationist glam, but no, him and the other two remaining Castro friendly band mates are huge fans to this day (Wire has all of Rush's albums on vinyl) and express a lot of praise for S n' A.
    In case you don't believe me:
    pgh30.jpg
    From this thread on The National Midday Sun
    With the recent Snakes & Arrows tour Classic Rock gave them the opportunity to interview Geddy and Alex. Its in the current beautifully Zep III covered issue along with two contrasting live reviews, one of a wembley show and another of the nec show. They really seem to hit it off and while the interview itself is pretty insubstantial the novelty makes up for it I reckon.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭damonjewel

This photo has put me off my lunch!

However interesting juxtaposition! what next? John Lydon wears a I Love Pink Floyd t-shirt? jello Biafra liking long songs, especially Rick Wakeman tunes? John Peel Memorial requiem written by Keith Emerson?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭Baggio

yehah and he's wearing my TShirt the sap!!....who gave it to him?? come on own up!!!

;) Baggio.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭peter1892

Wire looks pretty pleased in this shot! ;)

rush-colour133.jpg

(from Ross Halfin's site)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,969 ✭✭✭buck65

manics and rush now that would be a great gig ..........not, yawn.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,106 ✭✭✭MoominPapa

Baggio wrote: »
    yehah and he's wearing my TShirt the sap!!....who gave it to him?? come on own up!!!

;) Baggio.....

Is that you skirt he's got on as well? BTW the feather boa is mine, so hands off! ;);)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

Read about this before.
    Metallica,Dream Theatre, Primus, Smashing Pumpkins, Sepultura have also mentioned they were big fans of Rush.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,106 ✭✭✭MoominPapa

galwayrush wrote: »
    Metallica,Dream Theatre, Primus, Smashing Pumpkins, Sepultura have also mentioned they were big fans of Rush.

Ok, but they they're not one time Indie darlings (cept maybe the Pumpkins) like the manics. Or write a lot of they're songs from an opposing philosophical and/or political stand point to the rationalist individualism of Neil Peart. Or wear dresses on stage (cept maybe the Pumpkins). Can't see Geddy in a tutu.

damonjewels got the idea: Scott Walker sings Joe Dolche

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭Baggio

mooominpapa....naaaa stoppped wearin that skirt years ago!! haahh the double pedals just couldnt be attacked wearin it...so am back to the mini now ahhahahahh ;)

Advertisement