Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gronholm crashes out on S4!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,149 ✭✭✭BFassassin

Just read that. I hope he isnt too badly injured and can get the car back on the road for the rest of the weekend. I want Loeb to win the rally but I would still like to see Marcus on the stages when I go tomorrow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

2 Wheels ripped off in the crash, both ok, but well and truly out of the rally.

Edit: I just saw that Gronholm has been taken to hospital, could just be precautionary though, no iformation on the seriousness or lack of.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 117 ✭✭djeclips

Well if he's going to hospital he'll be stuck in A&E for at least 48 hours:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,149 ✭✭✭BFassassin

djeclips wrote: »
    Well if he's going to hospital he'll be stuck in A&E for at least 48 hours:p
    Lol They wont be able to find a bed for him. Please sit in the waiting area Mr. Whats your name again?

NNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

Where has my loeb voodoo doll gone!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,183 ✭✭✭Fey!

Being sent to hospital after a crash is fairly standard; better be safe than sorry.

Pity he crashed; I encountered him in Galway earlier this year and he really seemed to be sound.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,063 ✭✭✭fabsoul

from rallyireland.org:

Marcus Gronholm, the current leader of the World Rally Championship and his co-driver, Timo Rautiainen, have been taken to Sligo General hospital following a collision this morning on Stage Four of the inaugural Irish round of the event.

It is understood Gronholm's car spun off the road 3km from the end of the stage around Lough Gill in north Sligo. Gronholm described the raod asw being like "ice".The car will not continue

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭ciarsd

They were released and all is well - what a super, fast, efficient health service we have, in the West/North West ;)

0001278910dr.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 719 ✭✭✭fastrac

rte sport website is fairly poor.no results or times

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,461 ✭✭✭blackbox

www.rallyireland.com has up to date stage times now. Site was having trouble earlier this morning.

Glad to hear that Gronholm and Rautienen are OK.

Fastrac: Have you tried www.rally.ie, www.rallyforums.com, or Pattersons?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 630 ✭✭✭Claasman

Forget about RTE.ie - its a complete joke day-to-day anyway, did you really think it would be any better for Rally Ireland.

Stick to WRC.com / RallyIreland.com / Rally.ie :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

You'd know it's not Cork the rally's in cos if it was, it wouldn't have been like ice, he would be stuck in a 2 foot pothole with a family hatch and a transit van and the revenue looking for their road tax and 40% VRT:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 661 ✭✭✭CountryWise

He seems ok anyway, i hope for the spectators sake he is in the rally tomorrow but with losing conciousness and all he might not be risked as there isnt much to be gained

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 630 ✭✭✭Claasman

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭patmac

Quote from Petter Solberg: "When it's as bad as this there's no option but to drive like my grandmother."

I've heard a few bits and pieces saying that it wasn't the Gronholm crash that caused the stage to be cancelled; seemingly Atkinson wanted medical attention for his co-driver.
    At the moment this is based on hearsay.

If it was the Gronholm crash, then why the cancellation; they had OK boards up, and the road wasn't blocked. Surely that should be yellow flag rather than cancellation?

EDIT: Just saw www.rallynews.net; Gronholm became dizzy after the OK boards went up, hence the services call.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 117 ✭✭djeclips

Just listening to th video and what happened the engine? would he not have tried to power out of it?

Possibly just one too many computer games but my 2p worth.

Col.

• Advertisement

Hard to tell in the video, but he will have been coming into that corner fast.

Consider it looks like relatively fresh tarmac, we had had a dry weather spell, and then it rained. His description of "like ice" would have been fairly accurate, as all the oil/grease/diesel left on the road surface over the last few weeks will have sat on the surface of the water from the previous nights rain. Add to that that very little traffic will have driven over it after the rain as the road was closed, so none of it would have been dispersed. All of that would pretty much equal no grip.

Just my 2c.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,459 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

they were just showing it on the wrc highlights program gronholm on cut slicks loeb on wets gronholm entry speed 15km/h higher, loeb reckoned he'd run out wets by today !

Advertisement