Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Best PDA

• 16-11-2007 12:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭

hi, my sister is working in a hospital and need to get a pda for work . the only requirements she has is to read medical books on it that you can buy so when shes doing her rounds she can checks different things up.
    she also wants internet and maybe sat nav.
    ive seen a few with a phone but she doesnt want a phone on it.
    she also has no price limit
    Thanks James.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭mkennedy

jame5_b wrote: »
    hi, my sister is working in a hospital and need to get a pda for work . the only requirements she has is to read medical books on it that you can buy so when shes doing her rounds she can checks different things up. she also wants internet and maybe sat nav. ive seen a few with a phone but she doesnt want a phone on it. she also has no price limit Thanks James.

internet and maybe sat nav. ive seen a few with a phone but she doesnt want a phone on it. she also has no price limit Thanks James.[/QUOTE]

A lot of devices now come with a phone built-in so it's getting harder to recommend a pda/pda-gps on it's own.
    TBH I can't really recommend a specific one but i'm sure there's an ipaq that is a pda/gps combo and not a phone.

Other devices to check out for this are things like mios and palms but somebody else here might be more specific.
    (even though I can't think of a palm gps device off-hand).

I-silo is a nice e-book reader for reading medical e-books as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 923 ✭✭✭coolmoose

I have the palm tx for over a year now, and i'm highly impressed with it. it will take up to 4gb sd. colour screen, with virtual graffiti area, and OSK.

i currently have mine as mp3 player (ptunes), video (tcpmp), internet & email via wifi/bluetooth & dun (depending on location). documents to go 10 gives seamless integration with office files (doc, xls, ppt, pdf), i have tomtom navigator running with a bluetooth gps. picked up an infrared keyboard on ebay for €30, so i pretty much have a full laptop replacement that i can carry around in my pocket.

the prices online for the tx are pretty good now, i would highly recommend it. also the amount of software available for the palm platform is amazing! also the amount of medical reference software and books for the palm platform is immense! i used a number of them myself.

review: http://reviews.cnet.com/pdas/palm-tx...-31546759.html

Advertisement