Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

changing ip range on a netgear router

Options
  • 16-11-2007 1:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭

Hi was just wondering if i change the ip settings on a wireless router i.e. go into the web address of it and change it from a 192.168.0.X to a 10.10.0.x range will this cause problems

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,608 ✭✭✭Spud83

hannable80 wrote: »
    Hi was just wondering if i change the ip settings on a wireless router i.e. go into the web address of it and change it from a 192.168.0.X to a 10.10.0.x range will this cause problems

As its only an internal address it shouldn't matter as long as you make sure all the machines within the local internal network are on the same subnet range.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,840 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

always best to make sure you have a wired connection when doing this as you can lock yourself out real fast

if the router has dhcp AND that range changes too you should be ok , some can have one IP range for management and another for clients

moving to network as nothing to do with windows

Advertisement