Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wii in limerick

Options
  • 16-11-2007 1:19pm
    Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,101 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Looking for one for a colleague, any about?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 197 ✭✭Lazers pew pew

supposed to be a shortage running up to xmas
    my mate had to get one on ebay for €300

• Closed Accounts Posts: 968 ✭✭✭Pigletlover

I take it they've tried the usual places - Gamestop & Smyths? Xtra Vision is somewhere people often forget. If it's there's none available in Limerick they should be able to get them elsewhere, my mother had no problem getting one last week (not in Limerick).

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Big shortage of them. Gamestop will be getting them in both Limerick stores in the next two weeks, but it will only be a small number.

HMV on Cruises Street may be worth a call. 061418881 is their main line.

Online would be the best way to get one at the mo imho.

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,101 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

Thanks, will give it a go.

Was in Harvey Norman in Limerick about an hour ago, and they have an "In Stock" sign on the demo WII console which you can play instore.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭limerick_man

Have they still not beaten the backlog a year on?!?! Oh, thats just shameful!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,632 ✭✭✭SuperWoody101

Xtra Vision and Harvey Norman are sold out and wont have them back in till after Christmas (That is what they told me)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,698 ✭✭✭IrishMike

Virgin in the cresent have the same story.
    Think gamestop in the cresent have a very small number left

IrishMike wrote: »
    Virgin in the cresent have the same story.
    Think gamestop in the cresent have a very small number left

That's a defo no. Won't be back in for a week or two.

Symths had an ad on Live95FM about some offer on the WII this morning, might be worth a phonecall by the OP.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 197 ✭✭Lazers pew pew

wouldnt it be great to have shares in nintendo

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭BrendanD

They were taking pre orders for 20 , looking for 50 e deposit , all gone now
    Kess73 wrote: »
    That's a defo no. Won't be back in for a week or two.

Symths had an ad on Live95FM about some offer on the WII this morning, might be worth a phonecall by the OP.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 122 ✭✭irelandsown

Looking for one, anyone know anywhere in Limerick that has some in stock?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,632 ✭✭✭SuperWoody101

Looking for one, anyone know anywhere in Limerick that has some in stock?

They can't be got in the shops, try buy and sell or ebay.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 6,173 ✭✭✭1huge1

Don't bother with Ebay unless you really wan one for x mass and money is not a problem, its just full of people who are trying to make a lot of money selling off the console for twice its retail value,

Id wait till they come back into the shops after x mass, you wallets will thank you

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭limerick_man

If your really desperate try Nintendos website they sell the Japenese versions and you could change the plug or whatever......
    I heard that Gamestop had them in stock yesterday, meant to be a mad rush. rumour was running all across the crescent!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,173 ✭✭✭1huge1

japanese version plays japanese games... EU wii games wont play on it, its not like the DS which is region free

Unless (which I doubt) the OP speaks japanese and doesnt mine buying all his games off the net

• Registered Users Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭jonski

I was in Gamestop in the cresent on Thursday and they had them ...sold 3 of them while I was at the counter being served .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 117 ✭✭MonsieurD

Yesterday morning, Dec 5th, joined smallish queue outside Game on Cruises Street. Ended up there was 50 wii's available. Everyone in queue got one I reckon. I got the tip about this delivery on BOARDS in the gaming threads area.
    Check out Boards for future leads!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭Placid Casual

the best place mark is ebay but just check the sellers history

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,101 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

Thanks for all your help. The lady in question got her wii delivered yesterday, purchased through ebay at quite a bit more then I'd pay for it! :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement