Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dream vacation

• 16-11-2007 1:43pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭

I know where you've been but where are you going?

Money is no object and you can visit as many places as you like but you only have 2 weeks. Any traveling between places will loose you one day. Private transport ie: private planes or helicopters are allowed money is seriously no object but space is ruled out as you couldn't get there in two weeks due to training. That Virgin space thing is allowed though.

You must do it on your own.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Actually, that Virgin Space thing would be exactly what I'd do. Anything else that I'd want to do is possible, but I simply couldn't afford space!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Caribbean

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭magick

2 weeks in tramore with extra large windbreakers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 85,174 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Private Yacht. Thats yer travel. take me anywhere fantasmic looking.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 508 ✭✭✭smaoifs

Start off in upstate New York at Niagara Falls, across Canada by train, down west coast of U.S, San Francisco, Las Vegas, Grand Canyon, across the country then to Florida, Universal Studios, Space Center, up the east coast then to Boston before flying back home. Realistically though, would take me more then 2 weeks cos I'd just have to branch off and stay extra days.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,166 ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

Patagonia, for some of the best trout fishing in the world. Then Buenos Aires for some drinking and looking at beautiful women. Then up to the Andes to see some of the best scenery anywhere. Some more fishing, a bit of hiking and more senoritas...
    Oh no wait, thats my next holiday! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Leitrim.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,367 ✭✭✭✭watna

The place i really want to visit is the ice hotel in Norway. I prefer winter to summer and it's be so cool to lie on an ice bed and live in a hotel made of ice. You can go skiing and sleighing and stuff too! That's my ideal holiday. It's super expensive though... but as we are loaded in this fantasy i'll get a private jet and the finest room!

I know in Auckland they have an ice bar that you can go in, but you're only allowed in for 30 minutes cos it's so cold. You have to wear ski jackets and gloves and stuff! i have to settle for that in the near future and hit the ice hotel when i'm rich and famous!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ice_hotel

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,187 ✭✭✭keefg

Money no object?

Fly into Monaco the week before the F1 race, watch the race from the deck of a huge luxury yacht with a bevvie of beauties drinking the finest champange.

Then after the F1 weekend, private jet to Rome for a couple of days (if concorde was still about it would be New York) before coming home.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,191 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

I have a dream vacation every night.

:)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Business Class to Cape Town. Travel from Cape Town through to Durban again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,243 ✭✭✭kelle

I'd just love to go anywhere with a nice confortable bed where I could sleep alone all night without being awoken by crying or having my hair pulled. Then again, I probably would miss my adorable sleeping partner who is 11-months-old.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Space for me please.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,854 ✭✭✭Sinfonia

It's a toss-up between:

Iceland (especially after seeing Sigur Rós' movie Heima. Wow.)

and

The entire United States of America

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

Anywere tropical will do me , but my dream might be spoilt by all this bad news about global warming ,tidel waves etc ...

kelle wrote: »
    I'd just love to go anywhere with a nice confortable bed where I could sleep alone all night without being awoken by crying or having my hair pulled. Then again, I probably would miss my adorable sleeping partner who is 11-months-old.
    Ah how sweet .Aren't babys wonderful ? (when they are not pulling your hair ) :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,365 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

Even though i have been to vegas 5 times already i really would like to experience it high-roller style :D

private jet to mccarran airport las vegas, stay at salon suite room at Wynn ($1000 a night and 2000 square feet), lose a ton of money at poker, blackjack, craps, roulette, VIP entry to all the top nightclubs such as Tryst, Tao, Foundation Room etc, limo to everywhere and one of those people mover yokes the old people have so i don't have to walk anywhere :p

VIP helicopter trip to all the nearby national parks like Zion, Bryce, Arches, Death valley, finest champagne everywhere too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,708 ✭✭✭Erin Go Brath

I'd love to spend time in Borris-in-Ossory. That'll be the dream anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,854 ✭✭✭Sinfonia

Bastardstown, Co. Wexford

• Closed Accounts Posts: 241 ✭✭supertramp

It wouldn't be a dream trip if it were time restricted.
    My ideal trip is to cycle Ireland -Russia-Japan Australia, New Zealand - India- Turkey- around Africa- Norway.
    At norway I would get a large row boat and row across to Iceland - Greenland - Newfoundland.
    I would get another cheap bike, and cycle down to Patagonia, back up to Alaska. I would stop in Alaska for a while to live using bushcraft skills I will have mastered since (yes I am inspired by Chris McCandless), then I will travel down to the Great Lakes. After buildiing up fat reserves, I would trek over the North Pole, arriving in Russia.
    From there I would head east through Siberia. Get another row boat across the Beiring Str. and travel down to Patagonia. I will row across to Antartica and trek across there. I will row across to Australia, or whatever side of Antartica I find myself, and make my way home on an undecided route.
    Just a dream now, but I'm getting scarily more serious about it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

Just a dream now, but I'm getting scarily more serious about it.
    Somehow people with those type of dreams sometimes manage to do them, some of my friends over at travelpunk have spent there whole life's traveling. Screw it all man, do it!

I can't really decide what I'd do, a rally driving course in Finland would be in order, I can't decide whether to finish off in Thailand to learn Muay thai boxing or finish off in Africa to do the GVI safari guide course.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,762 ✭✭✭✭ecoli

okay i been planning this the last three years ( and saving but i finally have booked it have a month in Iten Kenya (stunning landcapes and just amazing) this is followed by flights to Bangkok and a month travellin there and i end up month in america on a cross continent road trip goonna be amazin cant wait costing a fortune thou:eek:

Advertisement