Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dr Lektroluv at SPY...

• 16-11-2007 2:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 17

Resolution wrote on Nov 9 2007, 01:16 PM:
    We Do Music present...
    Dr. Lektroluv (N.E.W.S/Lektroluv, Ghent)
    Friday 23 November, 11pm
    Spy, Sth William St. D2

Taking the faceless DJ thing a step too far! is Dr. Lektroluv. The good doctor
    is known for preforming in a slightly frightening green mask and suit jacket, while
    using an old school telephone headset instead of headphones. But the man behind the mask
    is a highly skilled DJ who is promoting a mix of italo-disco, proper electro and techno
    to even bigger crowds these days recently playing the dance tent at Oxygen to over 5000 people!

He's released no less than eight mix-compilations since 2002. The debut volume set a
    benchmark for 'modern electro' compilations. On the latest Lektroluv 007 the Dr. is
    sticking to what he knows best: selecting the cream of the crop from today's electro/italo/
    techno scene and blending these tracks with some hard to find classics - always maintaining
    a distinct dancefloor-friendly flow. Not choosing the obvious tracks coming out of the
    electro-house zone, the Dr. is selecting them more on a build-to-last scale.

lektroluv.JPG

The Dr. came alive and performed for the first time during the notorious Body to Body
    party at Culture Club in Ghent. That was such a success that the Dr. became a resident
    at the Body to Body parties where he receieved guests such as I-F, Miss Kittin, Tiga,
    Ellen Allien, Tiefschwarz, Ladytron, Ivan Smagghe, Adult, Vitalic, The Hacker, Alden Tyrell,
    Kitbuilders, Dexter, Alexander Robotnick, Legowelt, DJ T, Fat Truckers and DJ Naughty.

In the meantime the Dr. built up a big fanbase in Belgium and Holland where he played
    several festivals such as Awakenings, I Love Techno, Dance Valley and clubs like Now
    & Wow, Doornroosje and Dirty Dancing.

Next to all that - yes, the green masked Dr. is a busy man! - there is now also the
    Lektroluv vinyl label. The artists currently featured on the label include Bangkok
    Impact, Savas Pascalidis, Mysterymen, Superlux, Danton Eeprom, The Subs, Kaos and
    Michoacan. More info and soundclips from the releases are to be found on www.lektroluv.be.

Dr Lektroluv is both an innovator and an entertainer and the newly reluanched Spy on
    South William St will be an ideal place to catch him this November.
    Advance tickets available now from City Discs, Temple Bar.

Here's video of the good doctor in action:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X4qcS1A9ceg

Next We Do Music:

Erol Alkan & Annie Mac + more tba.
    The Tivoli, Saturday 8th December.
    Advance tickets on sale now from City Discs

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 118 ✭✭oldboy

That was hands down the biggest disappointment for an excuse for a gig i've been to in a long time.

You literally couldnt move in the sweatbox let alone dance it was like the front row of a metallica concert...............it took 20min to get downstairs to try get some air !!!!!! Then another 20min to get back up.

It was like my super sweet sixteen except they were all doing pills for the first time.

The sound was terrible, couldnt even see him because of the 2 deep row of people with camera phones in his face, i've seen better setups at house parties.

Wtf ? having seen him play at i love techno this was absolutely dire.

We left 45min after he came on. Can safely say will never go to spy ever again. Even the bouncer i talked to on the way out admitted it was a joke......... as he was letting more people in. Not the bouncers fault, whoever came up with the idea of letting him play there would be a good start ?!!?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 376 ✭✭silvo

Wasnt at this gig but saw him in the TBMC last year and it was the same story - the place was packed full of pissed idiots throwing pint glasses at eachother - I left after an hour too which was a huge dissappointment:mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭yahoo_moe

had my doubts about how spy would work as a venue and they were fully justified in the end. shame, could have been great elsewhere (even wax).

spy is just too "bitty" - admittedly it woulda been crap if they'd only sold enough tickets to fill that little ballroom place but there were about 5 times more people than could fit in there, almost fainted at one stage. don't think i'll be going back for a gig there anytime soon

• Closed Accounts Posts: 474 ✭✭deisedolly

Delighted to hear this was crap as I was absolutly gutted I couldn't make to this gig or the UCD one :(

Anyone at the UCD gig? Was it any good?
    Hope he comes back here soon I'm dying to see him!!

Advertisement