Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bushy Park - Please Read

Options
  • 16-11-2007 3:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 149 ✭✭

Howeryez,

Just heard some disturbing news from Sean Redmond at Dublin City Council
    - extract from his email below:

"...the Rangers and Wardens are still having an awful lot of problems clearing the park at the end of the day. I know this gets more difficult as the daylight hours get shorter but it has come to a point where the lads are sending me in written complaints about the abuse they can receive from users. If the problem escalates the rangers can refuse to police the park if they thing that their personal safety is threatened. If it gets to that stage it means the park will have to be closed..."

Obviously this CANNOT happen.
    I broke my arm & dislocated wrist about 6 weeks ago, so I haven't been in the park since early October. I haven't witnessed any of this hassle, but I'm sure that the real 'locals' have nothing to do with it.

If you skate/ride in Bushy PLEASE try to improve the situation.
    I understand that it's hard to leave a park when you're trying to land somethin, but the wardens have a job to do.
    If we make their jobs more difficult it's going to come back on us.
    When it's time to go, just go - there's always tomorrow.

Personally, I'd become psychotic if the park was to close :mad::mad::mad:
    A lot of people worked really hard to get this to happen - if some a**holes were to wreck it for everybody it would be a very sad day.

Anyway, rant over.
    Bushy skatepark is OURS & WE need to make sure it stays that way.

Thanks,

JohnBoy

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭Evolute

Rant dude no that deserves kudos.
    To my knowledge its not the only park with a bit of a problem like that and its ridicolous and disgraceful.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 sdLOVE

i havent yet witnessed the wardens having their personal safety threatened but if i ever do...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 607 ✭✭✭Kenjd

With you on this one John, go up at closing time and hit said offenders over the head with cast!!! Damn kids!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,391 ✭✭✭jozi

Just out of curiosity, why do the parks need to close for the nite? I lived in holland, the parks i knew of had a low fence around the perimeter with a few opening to get in. Some had day time supervisors but thats it.

As for skaters not wanting to leave, i can understand that, but threatening the wardens and not leaving is un-called for.

I've only been to bushy once, i'd like to go again in the future!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 149 ✭✭JahEerie

Unfortunately Jozi, Ireland doesn't have the 'liberal' attitude that your friends in Holland do. Basically it all comes down to what the council have to comply with in order to get insurance coverage
    - a couple of years ago even the council couldn't get insurance :confused:

At one point an insurance company demanded €60,000 for coverage for a temporary park for 2 months!!!!! (Thankfully things have improved since then)

Anyway, it seems that people are being cool in Bushy - its just that it only takes 1 or 2 assh*les to wreck things (& yes, some of the wardens can be assh*les too)

Hopefuly see ya in da deep end,

JohnBoy

• Advertisement
Advertisement