Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Strarting XI v Wales...

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

This is actually fun to watch. Hunt is exellent value as a sub even if he does look like Bon Scots lost son.

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

mike65 wrote: »
    This is actually fun to watch. Hunt is exellent value as a sub even if he does look like Bon Scots lost son.

:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,344 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

What a miss from Keane

• Closed Accounts Posts: 373 ✭✭The1337_Stephen

Good shot Mcgeady, fingertip save

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,432 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

What a miss from Keane

you'd be more shocked if he got it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

Reid off. good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

lol its typical \o/

ginger beep!

Penalty Wales, eww..

• Advertisement

lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

2-2

But it should've been a free kick.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,344 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

Ref gifts Wales a draw

2-2 is a fair result.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,529 ✭✭✭Im_No_Superman

Terrible defending, McShane was totally caught the wrong side of his man.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,056 ✭✭✭applehunter

What a donkey

• Advertisement

I hope Paul Kernaghan Babb McShane is watching the next campaign from the bench.

Still, even at 2-2, we played reasonably well... especially if we think back to Cyprus.
    Plus, if Dunne was playing we could have won 2-0

Look at the Alan Partridge head on Shay Given at the end of the eircom ad.

Fakest smile ever.

DesF wrote: »
    Look at the Alan Partridge head on Shay Given at the end of the eircom ad.

Fakest smile ever.

Still he's not as bad as John "Frankenstein" O'Shea in his ad :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭Roar

PHEW!

that was a close one

Don Givens came extremely close to actually winning a game as the boss of an Irish team, he must be relieved he kept his record intact at senior level..

• Advertisement

Roar wrote: »
    PHEW!

that was a close one

Don Givens came extremely close to actually winning a game as the boss of an Irish team, he must be relieved he kept his record intact at senior level..

Yep, I bet he was worried there for a moment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Raskolnikov

I really like McShane's attitude, but I'm afraid he's just not cut out to be starting at centre half for us.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

You know what's nuts? I was watching this with a friend who doesn't normally watch football. He was shocked that we gave it away at the end. I wasn't one bit surprised at all. That's how far we have come :/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Leave Paul McShane alone, his first mistake in an Ireland shirt and the knives are out. Who the bloody hell else do we have? No-one, McShane bleeds for the team and i want to see him at CB alongside Dunne for the next 5 years.

I love Stepen Hunt, and considering he has done that everytime he has pulled on an Ireland shirt... Why isnt he the first name on the teamsheet?

Mikeyt086 wrote: »
    I love Stepen Hunt, and considering he has done that everytime he has pulled on an Ireland shirt... Why isnt he the first name on the teamsheet?
    Because whenever he starts he's never as good.

Great impact sub though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Nunu

Mikeyt086 wrote: »
    Leave Paul McShane alone, his first mistake in an Ireland shirt and the knives are out. Who the bloody hell else do we have? No-one, McShane bleeds for the team and i want to see him at CB alongside Dunne for the next 5 years.

He gives his all but thats about his 3rd or 4th bit of ****e defending in this campaign alone that has cost us a goal.
    I was screaming at McShane to take Cotteril down and take a yellow the second he got the wrong side of him just inside our half. He was screwed for pace and to continue trudging along behind him and into the box was brainless defending...especially in the dying minutes of the game.

O'Shea and Dunne is definetly our first choice centre back pairing...we always look solid when they start together.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

Nunu wrote: »
    O'Shea and Dunne is definetly our first choice centre back pairing...we always look solid when they start together.

lol, becuase we all know O'Shea isn't known for giving away goals...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,780 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Looks like Ireland are set to finish 3rd anyway with Slovakia and Cyprus losing.

Cyprus must beat Czech Republic in Cyprus next week in order to pip us to 3rd.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,544 ✭✭✭redspider

Wales 2-2 Ireland

So, we got a mere draw against Wales who are ranked 58th (and likely to drop further), compared with Cyprus who are ranked at 57 (and who are likely to rise). (We are 32nd btw).

Surely this is a sacking offence for the Manager??
    Surely .... just not good enough in my book. Sack, sack, sack .....

;-)

But on a serious note, I think we could do worse than pick Don Givens as the manager for Ireland. He has the international playing experience, is used to trying to get the best from his players in limited circumstances. Better than Jewell would be, in my book.

As for the knives for McShane, these are misdirected. He has put his body in the way for Ireland and has played well in the main. Yes, it was a mistake, but he will learn from it. Given saved us from losing that match with his saves. (Remember, Given did not play in the infamous 5-2 loss at Cyprus!). I think that McShane and Dunne are the best CB pairing we have. O'Shea is too unreliable.

As for Hunt, I think many fans over-rate him. Yes, he does run, but he is not a world beater when it comes to wing play. Granted, he is miles better than Miller who shouldnt have been on the pitch in my view. Miller is not good enough for Ireland at the moment.

Doyle and Keane had a couple of moments of better understanding, but its a work in progress. McGeady (or MacEddie if you are Brady, although he is changing it!) did well again, with some more product, although not as much as in recent Celtic matches. But its good to see and builds on his 10 or whatever it was mins in the Cyprus match. Daryl Murphy could have been a good impact sub as well so should have been tried perhaps.

3rd is probable, which would be a good result in the end, and on target from when the group started ...... although the Czech's have nothing to play for so who knows what will happen.

Redspider

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

redspider wrote: »
    But on a serious note, I think we could do worse than pick Don Givens as the manager for Ireland. He has the international playing experience, is used to trying to get the best from his players in limited circumstances. Better than Jewell would be, in my book.

Am I missing the sarcasm here or are you being serious?

• Advertisement
Advertisement