Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Have you noticed.....

Options
  • 16-11-2007 3:53pm

feel free to add any others or that you disagree with ones stated....

ive noticed anyway that the keepers are pretty stupid when someone runs from the wing down to the box..... the pass goes into the box and the keeper is left stranded at one side of tha goal for a simple tap in....thats my only issue with the game.... some players(usually the type who pick Barca every game) never shoot they just pass it down and shoot into an empty net :mad:

anybody got any others?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 661 ✭✭✭CountryWise

I have noticed that since the dawn of Pro Evo games, effective tactic to win a game online but if your in it for the enjoyment of great goals etc its not for me.

Have you noticed the keeper when he comes out to meet a through ball to a forward just lashes it out for a throw or up the field, never to his own player 10 yards away

• Registered Users Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

ive noticed anyway that the keepers are pretty stupid when someone runs from the wing down to the box..... the pass goes into the box and the keeper is left stranded at one side of tha goal for a simple tap in

Why not? It's so realistic - Almunia did it for Arsenal against Man U just a few weeks ago :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,038 ✭✭✭Unearthly

My main problem with them is whenever a hard shot comes in, they don't push it to the side, but into the path of the oncoming Adriano/Henry/Zlatan and any other **** of a striker in the game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 987 ✭✭✭keen

Yeah some of the keeping is dodgey alright, like shots that could easily be held onto punched away.

the chip shot thing when you dont press either of the chip shot buttons is rerally annoying me.... your there ready to shoot....power up and then his feet changes and the ball rises no more then an inch of the ground travelling no more then a meter.... never seems to happen to anyone else... has cost me a lot of opportunites!!:mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭Oman

as always the ref is too strict and gives a fair bit of yellow cards. the offside is stupid i mean half a toenail in front does not count as offside and if you dont interfere your not offside either pity no one told komani

• Registered Users Posts: 3,182 ✭✭✭dionsiseire

Tell me

are you all playing on Regular difficulty

because there is a cohesion between the quality of the keeper AI and the difficulty level of the game

frank lampard is pretty crap for some reason(stats are good)

twice yesterday aswell my player headed it into my net unopposed....cost me ranking points as i went on to then lose the game :mad:

Arsenal are disgracfully poor, Cesc is 10 times what they have him and most of there other players are under-rated...un-pickable really!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,038 ✭✭✭Unearthly

Arsenal are disgracfully poor, Cesc is 10 times what they have him and most of there other players are under-rated...un-pickable really!!

Pro Evo is pretty much terrible overall for rating players.

Another thing that annoys me is their International team selections where they leave out players just because they weren't in the squad for whatever game they done their research on. Sure enough it can be changed but that's not the point.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

what pisses me off about pro ev is the stoppage time.. no matter how many minutes it gives as the actual time, so long as the computer has the ball and is in my half.. the game just ticks on .. and on... and on, until I get the ball and get about 35y away from my own goal. Then the ref decides the half is over.

Mordeth wrote: »
    what pisses me off about pro ev is the stoppage time.. no matter how many minutes it gives as the actual time, so long as the computer has the ball and is in my half.. the game just ticks on .. and on... and on, until I get the ball and get about 35y away from my own goal. Then the ref decides the half is over.

ya thats stupid football games have been doing that since the PS1, i think now we're into 3rd Gen consoles they should sort that **** out!..... whether its 1/2/3/4 mins its all the same the ball has to be cleared from the half, can go on for ages at times!! lol

keepers who kick frm the hip distribute the ball better(i.e faster and lower so it reaches the ground faster)

ive noticed ''form'' playing online... with previous titles id either be playing the computer or a friend(i.e same level of difficulty each game) but playing online i hit patches.... the last day i won 8 in a row, went out for the day came back and lost 6 that night and the next 3 the following day(9 in a row0 fromt here i then won 7 in a row...considering it was a diferrant person each time i think form comes into play:D

was playing someone there.... was just about to tap a re-bound into and empty net when he took my man down thus reducing himself to 10 men with no more then 2/3mins gone...scored the peno then started hammering him, just got my 8/9th goal there with 30mins still to play...he quit the game.... i said id check did they give me my 8-1.... 3-0 win, thats a joke...seems like a better option is to quit if it goes over 3-0, want to improve my scoring adverage!!:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭Keith186

It's the technical FIFA rules that if a game is forefeited it's a 3 nil win to you no matter the score or if you didn't even start the match.

Keith186 wrote: »
    It's the technical FIFA rules that if a game is forefeited it's a 3 nil win to you no matter the score or if you didn't even start the match.

fair enough but in online gameplay i think it should be differant,

Advertisement