Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

?Amp for dual fuel cookers/ranges

Options
  • 16-11-2007 4:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 288 ✭✭

Hi,
    Is it possible to get dual fuel cookers/ranges that run on 13A rather than the traditional 30Amp fuse? My cooker circuit was removed when the rewiring was done.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 659 ✭✭✭wazzoraybelle

While I've never heard of one I think you should be able to get them. However they won't be very good as most ovens are 4kw and more.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 Darren R

Why was your cooker circuit removed???

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭De_man

harvey norman stock a neff "combi" oven/microwave only (13amp)

hob is another story it can't be done afaik

why did they remove your cooker circuit?, did they just cut the wire back? it may be possible
    to sort it out before plastering is done

• Closed Accounts Posts: 288 ✭✭ScottishDanny

Trust me there was a good reason for removing it.

[Set your faces to stun]
    The previous owners had built an extension in the 1970s comprising of a garage, kitchen, 2 bedrooms and an electric shower. Rather than run spurs from the existing circuit they ran the whole thing off the cooker circuit :eek:

We got a rewire done as soon as we moved in and assumed we would buy a new 'gas only' cooker when we upgraded the kitchen. The wife wants one of these range thingys (1000mm wide cooker) and they tend to have gas and conventional ovens together

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭ircoha

OP: the power required by these combo-cookers is not that high: I have one and the link is below: it runs off a 13amp: asd u will see but most power in a cooker goes on the hob/rings, up to 4kW a pop be it gas or electric

http://www.smeguk.com/Catalogue/Product/A1SE-5.aspx

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 288 ✭✭ScottishDanny

Nice one thanks. I think I'll have to check the tech spec for whichever one I go for but its good to know they can be got.

SD

Advertisement