Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3G Booster

Options
  • 16-11-2007 4:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12

Hi All, has anyone ever heard of a device to boost 3G data signal for using with dataconnect card or something similar? Have someone with a crap signal and saw a couple of devices online, but don't know if they'd suit or are up to much.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40 hecmail

If you have a 3 3G broadband connection (not to sure if you get it with the other companies) you get two cables. One is short and one is long with two connections, the second one is used to give extra power and boost your signal.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,867 ✭✭✭Tenzor07

Dont have one myself, but im sure the second cable is for Unpowered USB Ports, and not for signal boosting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 ramo

thanks for the input guys, but I'm not really getting any real benefit from the use of the powered USB. I think I'll just drop the card use.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 285 ✭✭pointofnoreturn

You need to find a better modem, then the USB one, their is not attachment for an external antenna. have a stroll through ebay, any of the PCMCIA or ExpressCards have external antenna attachments some are bundled with an antenna too!
    This website has some 3G cards http://www.mobilx.hu/index.php?&sl=EN

• Registered Users Posts: 744 ✭✭✭cold_filter

Tenzor07 wrote: »
    Dont have one myself, but im sure the second cable is for Unpowered USB Ports, and not for signal boosting.

+1

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,840 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

If you have the 3G USB then you can make a parabolic or corner wave reflector for it a bit like they do for WiFi

Advertisement