Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UTV ip censorship?

Options
  • 16-11-2007 5:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8

Just a few minutes ago i decided to take a look at the thepiratebay.org and noticed the site was not responding
    The requested URL could not be retrieved

While trying to retrieve the URL: http://thepiratebay.org/

so i had a quick chat with a friend and he said it was up.

so i loaded up a proxy and hit the site and there was no problems?

is this just a utvip random error, or is this the start of it? seems to be just http, i can ping etc. but i presume it wont be long till they eventually start blocking torrents altogether?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

if they recently changed IP, it may be an hour or two till all DNS have it.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,490 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

TPB likely changed something on there domain and it can take awhile for those dns changes to propagate across the net

Lets not jump to conclusions about censorship without any actual proof :)

If your going to continue doing so I'd suggest buying a jump to conclusions mat

• Registered Users Posts: 1,873 ✭✭✭Simi

Check your MTU. Happened to me a while back when the power went off briefly & reset all the router settings to defaults. Couldn't understand why I couldn't access bebo or even BT's own site to complain. There's a guide to finding your correct MTU somewhere on google.

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭boopolo

Am still with UTV also and the pirate bay site is fine.

As the guys here said, musta been a IP re-set or some other re-set at server level.

boopolo

Advertisement