Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

High performance car fuel consumption

Options
  • 16-11-2007 5:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

Hi All,

I'm in the market for a high-performance car but I dont want to get saddled with a massive fuel bill every week. Accepted that the nature of high performance cars is high fuel consumption but can anyone advise which would be the best out of the following options:

Subaru Impreza WRX STi
    Lancer Evolution 6
    Audi S3
    Honta Integra Type R (2002 model)

Any insight would be appreciated!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 stephenpl

I think really if you have to ask that question you can't afford a high performance car such as those.

I'm happy with little Glanza :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 450 ✭✭p-nut

instinct tells me the teg would be best, as its the only one there that's not turbo/super charged;)

i'd hav to say tho, fuel consumption wouldnt put me off an evo....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 209 ✭✭smooth operater

Conor79 wrote: »
    Hi All,

I'm in the market for a high-performance car but I dont want to get saddled with a massive fuel bill every week. Accepted that the nature of high performance cars is high fuel consumption but can anyone advise which would be the best out of the following options:

Subaru Impreza WRX STi
    Lancer Evolution 6
    Audi S3
    Honta Integra Type R (2002 model)

Any insight would be appreciated!

impreza and evo are 2litre turbo....petrol guzzlers
    integra is 2litre n/a
    s3 is 1.8 turbo i think....
    so i would say the s3 if u can keep it outta turbo

probably the slowest outta the lot tho

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

the integra will have the best feul consumption if you can keep it out of vtec, its performance will suprise you too, test drive one

• Registered Users Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Tenzor07

I currently get around 25MPG on my DC5 Teg.. Get a K-Pro ecu and remap and expect 35MPG on motorway driving etc

• Advertisement
Advertisement