Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

High Performance Car Fuel Consumption

Options
  • 16-11-2007 5:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

Hi All,

I'm in the market for a high-performance car but I dont want to get saddled with a massive fuel bill every week. Accepted that the nature of high performance cars is high fuel consumption but can anyone advise which would be the best out of the following options:

Subaru Impreza WRX STi
    Lancer Evolution 6
    Audi S3
    Honta Integra Type R (2002 model)
    Alternate suggestion????

Any insight would be appreciated!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,257 ✭✭✭✭Borderfox

I would rekon the Integra out of them all. I had a Civic VTI years ago and the thing supped fuel.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭bitemybanger

isnt this the exat same thread started less than a week ago??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭Jimbo

Take it down man

• Registered Users Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭Andrewf20

Keep the car light or go with a big diesel like a 330d. An Elise 1.8 or VXR220 will worry alot of opposition and still give you 30mpg. Integra / Civic type R's as mentioned above seem a good bet, pity they can be ten a penny.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 paddy007

Get the intregra, or an altezza. 2 litre beams tuned. mightnt be as powerfull as an evo but in terms of fuel you will save a bit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 754 ✭✭✭monster1

i bought an s14a lately. i filled the tank up the other day to the top and i only got 300km out of it!! how bad is that, whats that in mpg??

• Registered Users Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭Andrewf20

Thats shocking. I assume thats stock with 200bhp. Of course, Im not sure what traffic you are dealing with.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 251 ✭✭Earth Worm Jim

It would also depend on how you drive -

heavy right foot = empty pockets or empty tank - depending on which comes first

Advertisement