Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Great service from Meteor

• 16-11-2007 5:54pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,110 ✭✭✭

I have to say that since I joined them 5-6 years ago I've had nothing but excellent service from them. There were a few problems which were all sorted out promptly and satisfactorily.

e.g. I'm still on the really old tariff whereby you get monthly bonus credit depending on how much you top up by (15 euro top up gives you 3 euro). Last week they mistakenly gave me 20 euro top up and took it off when they realised their mistake. However they forgot to credit my account with the 3 euro. I wrote to them about it and after confirming the situation they topped up my account with 10 euro. A very nice gesture on their part.

Too often we read that a particular network introduces another way of ripping off their customers so I'd like to write how content I am with Meteor and their business ethics.

So if there's any Meteor staff reading boards.ie - well done!

...but their range of good value, high end phones could/should be increased - I would be tempted by the O2/Vodafone K800i offer if it not for the brilliant service I got from Meteor after switching from Vodafone

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭Solair

I'd have to agree with you there. I changed from 3 to Meteor recently and have been really impressed with their customer care and price plans.

My bills are as low but the customer care is no-nonsense. It might not be quite as polished as vodafone e.g. it lacks slick menus etc, but when you get through to someone (usually very quickly) then can actually answer your questions and resolve technical problems.

3 customer care seems to be more like ringing an indian-based counseling service! All they can do is keep reassuring you and fobbing you off. I found their customer care utterly useless, often quite patronising and an extremely frustrating experience to deal with.

It's nothing to do with it being in India (although I do prefer a company that keeps jobs in Ireland). It's the fact that they simply don't have any information to give you or ability to help you. That's entirely 3's fault, not the agent on the phone.

Meteor are FAR more impressive. Also the free Meteor-Meteor calling is fantastic. I know far more people on the network than on 3, so I'm seeing huge financial benefits.

I also have to say that the Meteor store staff I've dealt with both in Dublin and Cork have been knowledgeable, enthusiastic, helpful and friendly which was a breath of fresh air too!

The lack of 3G is a bit disappointing, but I'm prepared to wait and see what they do when they get 3G on air later this year. I'm hoping they are as radical with their 3G services as they have been with their GSM setup.. I'm looking forward to some interesting data plans.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

i am an olg meteor customer also and think their service excellent now but i fondly remember the bad old days of not being able to send/recieve mms and also being charged for the free mms and meteor denying any problem even though they knew all about the problem just could not fix for whatever reasons! but since last X-mas their network has thrived although customer care has gotten an attitude!

Advertisement