Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vented Dryer problem

Options
  • 16-11-2007 6:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,377 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    Anyone know anything about vented dryers.?

Does anyone know if condensation in the hose pipe hinders the drying process?

Here is the situation
    It's a brand new BOSH ClassicXX and it is not drying the clothes properly.

The hose goes from the back of the drier, into a wall about 2’’ off the ground, it then drops down to floor level for a foot or two and then goes into a 4’’ sewer pipe about 3’’ off the ground and out to the outside world.
    Outside there is very little air coming from the vent the hose is connected to.

Attached is a bit of a cross section

I read the troubleshooting guide and it says that if the hose pipe is too long or is not level then condensation will build up in it (which it does), but it does not mention that this will hinder the dying process.

I cannot get at the hose it self to prop it up because from the time it goes into the wall to the time it exist outside it is all under the stairs.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 708 ✭✭✭Hoagy

I imagine that it has more to do with the length of pipe run than condensation.
    The fan in the tumble dryer isn't very powerful, normally the flexible hose connects directly to an outside wall.
    Cool air is heavier and harder to shift.
    If you can't relocate the drier it might be worth trying an indoor condensing vent kit.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,165 ✭✭✭10-10-20

Would this help?
    http://www.continentalfan.com/ext.htm

You could setup a timer to operate the unit for the period that the dryer is on for.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,377 ✭✭✭Benedict XVI

10-10-20 wrote: »
    Would this help?
    http://www.continentalfan.com/ext.htm

You could setup a timer to operate the unit for the period that the dryer is on for.

Thanks for the info, a fan on the ouside wall that 'pulls' the air r at the same time as the dyrier is 'pushing' the air might be the answer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭ircoha

I trust the pipe is not kinked anywhere under the stairs etc where u cant see it

• Registered Users Posts: 3,744 ✭✭✭deRanged

First thing I'd do is see whether it's the machine or the hose.
    Is the dryer heating properly - can you run it for a minute with the hose disconnected - you'll know very fast if it's heating and trying to vent correctly.

Did you connect the new dryer to an old hose?
    If so I'd check that the hose isn't blocked in any way. I have to clear ours out every year or so.

• Advertisement
Advertisement