Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Working in the Caribbean

• 16-11-2007 6:14pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 184 ✭✭

Has anyone got any advice/recommendations for working in the Caribbean Caymans/Bermuda etc) as an Accountant?

I've heard lots of different opinions on this. Some people say you earn savage tax free salaries and get to live on a paradise island and some others say that the cost of living is so high it totally negates your mega salary and you end up working like a slave 24/7!!

Anybody got some first hand experience?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,841 ✭✭✭Running Bing

Climber wrote: »
    Has anyone got any advice/recommendations for working in the Caribbean Caymans/Bermuda etc) as an Accountant?

I've heard lots of different opinions on this. Some people say you earn savage tax free salaries and get to live on a paradise island and some others say that the cost of living is so high it totally negates your mega salary and you end up working like a slave 24/7!!

Anybody got some first hand experience?

The way I see it the "huge cost of living" is not that much higher than Irelands(if it is higher at all) and you get bewtween $60000-$100000 tax free.

Think the main cost is rent which seems quite expensive(again is it any higher than here? I dont know). I think you would definately save a fair whack but maybe when people hear numbers like $100,00 tax free they think they will be saving about 80k a year.....not sure it works like that.

Anyway I too would be very interested to hear from anyone who has done this as I would be very interested in doing it a bit further down the line. Would definately be an interesting couple of years even if you dont save much.

Advertisement