Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New O2 Active Services.

• 16-11-2007 6:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭

just got the following sms from O2 if anyone is interested.

Until they sort out there data rate, I'm not.
    €1 per MB would be a lot better than 1c per kb

Hi, very soon O2 Active becomes Mobile Internet from O2. It is a cracking line-up of sites like ebay, bebo and all the best bits from O2 Active.
    From O2

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,045 ✭✭✭Bluefrog

Sounds like another walled garden pretty much trying to clone what Vodafone are offering with different partners. Wonder what deals have been done between these 'partner' sites and O2. I'm sure the consumer wasn't the prime consideration - how could they be if their choices are so restricted?

I'm surprised other social networking sites and other online businesses in general haven't brought this kind of thing to the competition authority.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭rc28

Doe anyone know how i can get the o2 ative homepage on my iphone- what would be the web address if i enter in the right data settings(apn)?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 569 ✭✭✭failsafe

Bluefrog wrote: »
    Sounds like another walled garden pretty much trying to clone what Vodafone are offering with different partners. Wonder what deals have been done between these 'partner' sites and O2. I'm sure the consumer wasn't the prime consideration - how could they be if their choices are so restricted?

I'm surprised other social networking sites and other online businesses in general haven't brought this kind of thing to the competition authority.
    To be honest I think both offers are just marketing partnerships more than anything. I can access facebook and bebo on Vodafone mobile internet, and judging from the ads it just looks like O2 customers will get a tailored bebo-mobile site (maybe a java app like the vodafone-ebay one)

By the looks of it I'm guessing it'll be more like vodafone (i.e. not a walled garden) than like 3 (i.e. a walled garden)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,045 ✭✭✭Bluefrog

I can view any site I choose and I'm not paying a cent per kb to do it. I'm on X-Series Gold though - can't speak to the other packages.

Anyway, this IS just a marketing thing. It's not (as it should be) about extending services so people can take advantage of the data capabilities of their phones. Somewhere, someone's laughing hard at Irish consumers.

Advertisement