Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

domain DNS email question

Options
  • 16-11-2007 6:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 648 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Im moving a domain from registrar 1and1 to registrar enom.
    However i want to leave the dns settings as they are (pointing to 1and1 hosting solution) With 1and1 i have a few email accounts set up for this domain.

However i would like to create a redirect at the registrar level to send a copy of all the mails to a certain address (for backup purposes ) . Is this possible ? and if so how ? (I heard people mention mx records and stuff like that)

can anybody tell me is this possible ?
    thank you

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 164 ✭✭WaterfordOnline

Hi. This is of course possible.

When you move to Enom, you have the option to set the Nameservers to whatever you want them to be or wherever you want them to point to. And, you will probably have very little, if any, propagation time.

Regarding the redirecting of e-mails, Enom provides an additional service for E-mail Forwarding. You can also do this from your 1&1 account, I am certain.

Hope this helps.

Danno

• Registered Users Posts: 648 ✭✭✭ChicoMendez

Hi. This is of course possible.

When you move to Enom, you have the option to set the Nameservers to whatever you want them to be or wherever you want them to point to. And, you will probably have very little, if any, propagation time.

Regarding the redirecting of e-mails, Enom provides an additional service for E-mail Forwarding. You can also do this from your 1&1 account, I am certain.

Hope this helps.

Danno

HI Danno

in undersand all that but i dont think you quite understood what i want to do.

I want to leave the dns settings set to 1and1 - therefore yes i can manage the email setup with 1and1 - however i want to know can i get a company of all emails sent to this domain sent to another address via a setting at the REGISTRAR ?

you follow ?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,412 ✭✭✭jmcc

Hi,

Im moving a domain from registrar 1and1 to registrar enom.
    However i want to leave the dns settings as they are (pointing to 1and1 hosting solution) With 1and1 i have a few email accounts set up for this domain.

However i would like to create a redirect at the registrar level to send a copy of all the mails to a certain address (for backup purposes ) . Is this possible ? and if so how ? (I heard people mention mx records and stuff like that)
    It is tricky but it is possible. You would have to set up a redirect or alias for the e-mail addresses you wish to forward. This would be done on the 1&1 server (perhaps through the control panel if there is one) rather than at registrar level.

Regards...jmcc

Advertisement