Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Failed to refund money- small claims court?

Options
  • 16-11-2007 6:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,468 ✭✭✭

Bought something off a certain online shop, cancelled order yet they still dispatched order to me. Refused it when it came, and it was sent back. Obviously, I want my money refunded. This is nearly 2 months ago at this stage.

Rang them previously, and they told me that it would be refunded. 4 weeks later, nothing.

Rang them today, was told they did not receive the order back even though it was recieved. Not acceptable.

Can I take them to the small claims court?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭psicic

Depends what the "thing" is and if the online shop is based in Ireland.

Under Irish legislation, namely the Distance Selling Regulations, refund has to occur within 30 days. One of the relevant regulations is Regulation 7, paragraph 2.

Therefore, it's (probably) an open and shut Small Claims Court case. Before you commit to that, however, contact the shop again and quote the Regulations to them.

It saves you the €9 a Small Claims Court action costs and usually they'll fold.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,468 ✭✭✭highlydebased

No, not an Irish shop technically. UK based....although they are orginally european I gather

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

Ask these guys for help. Let us know how you get on, I'm interested to hear how they operate.

http://www.eccdublin.ie/

adam

Advertisement