Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Frame purchased ...

Options
  • 16-11-2007 7:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭

Well kids looks like I'll be building a new bike over the next few months

main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=6257&g2_GALLERYSID=05eadb79e64c5adcf171f99d0819669b

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭avalanche

thats a beaut. how much did it set you back?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭Junior

I'll let you know after I figure out the shipping, getting it shipped to a factory in the US and then to the subsidry factory in Ireland :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,525 ✭✭✭kona

Junior wrote: »
    I'll let you know after I figure out the shipping, getting it shipped to a factory in the US and then to the subsidry factory in Ireland :)

yup thats trek for ya.
    they used to make em in cork or somplace in ireland...ship em to usa...........ship em back to ireland........and they say cycling is green!!lol

Nothing to do with Trek dude, I bought it from Ebay, the dude won't ship to Europe, but I'm getting it shipped to a mates factory in the US, then onto his factory in Ireland. Saves shipping costs although takes longer.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,516 ✭✭✭E@gle.

sweet frame, i'll race ya for it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,989 ✭✭✭✭blorg

One potential problem with that is you likely lose the warranty, and the carbon crash replacement program- as I'm finding out to my cost at the moment, and this is just with a bike bought from Northern Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,883 ✭✭✭Ghost Rider

Whta happened about your bike?
    blorg wrote: »
    One potential problem with that is you likely lose the warranty, and the carbon crash replacement program- as I'm finding out to my cost at the moment, and this is just with a bike bought from Northern Ireland.

Nasty crash left the frame looking dodgy and as of right now the Irish distributor is refusing to handle a frame replacement under the discount program.

E@gle. wrote: »
    sweet frame, i'll race ya for it

Cheers lad, first one to my house wins :D
    Nasty crash left the frame looking dodgy and as of right now the Irish distributor is refusing to handle a frame replacement under the discount program.

To be honest for the price of it, I wouldn't be worried about writing the cost of the frame off.

Junior wrote: »
    To be honest for the price of it, I wouldn't be worried about writing the cost of the frame off.
    I don't doubt it; my own bike was nearly half the Irish RRP. Considering transferring the bits onto something else.

• Advertisement

Reckon on today's news about shipping the frame is going to cost me about €650 to me door.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,580 ✭✭✭uberwolf

use comma's!!!!

that must be 650 including shipping, but that's so cheap I need to check!

jesus that is some bargain, please explain for us mere mortals here (including those who sadly need a new frame) ;-)

was eBay involved?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,580 ✭✭✭uberwolf

http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-05-Trek-Madone-SSL-frame-fork-and-more-NR_W0QQitemZ110193920713QQihZ001QQcategoryZ98084QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

2006 model despite what the title says, some juicy extras on there, carbon cranks, dura ace BB & front derailleur.
    currently bidding 735 - €500!!

uberwolf wrote: »
    use comma's!!!!

that must be 650 including shipping, but that's so cheap I need to check!

Sorry man, I wrote that last post in a bit of a rush !

jesus that is some bargain, please explain for us mere mortals here (including those who sadly need a new frame) ;-)

was eBay involved?

Yeah Ebay was involved - it's a 06 demo frame that the guy sold the groupset off, so I'm well impressed, as I've said earlier in the thread, the shipping and taxes are working ok for me. I've got to flog my own bike now to buy a groupset and get it built.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,154 ✭✭✭Quigs Snr

Hi Junior,

What is your own bike, size and price. I have a fella interested in a fairly entry level bike down in your locality. Pm me if you are looking to sell.

Quigs, I'll drop you a pm this evening when I get home. I'll include photos then - did you get my last pm about the comeragh spin ?

Junior- I also might be interested in an entry-level bike if Quigs' lead doesn't work out. I am generally a 58, possibly 56 depending on the frame.

Soon as I get the chance this evening lads I'll bang a PM out to both of ye, and I'll include pictures as well.

Sorry lads for the lack of pm's I've been flat out with work this last while.

The Frame arrived today, I've weighed it - 4 frickin Ilbs is what it weighed in at !

It's absolutely frickin gorgeous, it's painted a grey color but you can still see the weave thru it. It came with the Bontranger 90MM Stem and seat post clip as well..

• Advertisement

main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=6909&g2_GALLERYSID=6fa46ae313dc9d40b12a987eeb57af42

Got her finished over Xmas, stuck a full durace groupset, Tony O'Mahony in Dungarvan built it up the wheels using durace hubs and Mavic Open Pro Rims..

Well impressed..

• Registered Users Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

Nice looking bike man. I hope you enjoy it :)

Think I might change the stem, might go for a 130. I'm only doing short spins at the moment - but I've got about 4 hours or so up on her so far I'm amazed at how quick it is ..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,154 ✭✭✭Quigs Snr

I know those madones can fly, I have one and one of the lads in the club has your exact one. He's an A rider and one of the most powerful sprinters in the country, so good enough for him, good enough for the rest of us . .....

When will we be seeing you on one of the weekend rides then ?

Quigs Snr wrote: »
    I know those madones can fly, I have one and one of the lads in the club has your exact one. He's an A rider and one of the most powerful sprinters in the country, so good enough for him, good enough for the rest of us . .....

When will we be seeing you on one of the weekend rides then ?

Ha ha man I've got no power what so ever in the legs yet.. I'm only doing maybe 20 miles ish .. I know what group riding is like.. you need to be both mentally and physically fit for that first ..

Still thou there's no place like the deep end !

Who's the sprinter riding the madone in the club ?

Advertisement