Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Carol Singers twice this month already

• 16-11-2007 7:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 36

What the hell?

I mean it's only the middle of november.

(that is all.)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,429 ✭✭✭testicle

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

On second thoughts, this is probably better in AH...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

November! Tell them to fupp off!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

Personally, I'll give any that call some (possibly gone-off) Halloween sweets...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,145 ✭✭✭Lands Leaving

Tis the season to have a nice big bucket of water to hurl at the money grubbing b's. Or rocks. pointy ones.

I hate this Christmas starting from Halloween crap. :mad:

I wouldn't mind if they were proper 'carol singers' (i.e. Could at least hold a note) but they'll just be the same skangers that called around on Halloween at 5pm dressed in their normal clothes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Make them work for their pennies.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,698 ✭✭✭InFront

Answer the door dressed like a Muslim, and raise your eyebrows. That tends to teach them where not to call...:)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,550 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Carol Singers twice this month already
    What the hell?

I mean it's only the middle of november.

(that is all.)
    http://web.logu.tu-harburg.de/staff_info.php?id=93

• Advertisement

Translates: "It could be worse. Much worse."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,946 ✭✭✭slumped

if they are singing CAROLS as opposed to CHRISTMAS SONGS

ie SILENT NIGHT as opposed to FROSTY THE SNOWMAN

ask them the following:

1. Are you Christian?

2. If yes, ask them why they are singing sacred carols outside of a. Advent and b. The Christmas period.

Technically, carols should not be sung before midnight mass on christmas eve and can be sung until the fourth Sunday in January!

S

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

Is this a Dublin thing? As in only in parts of Dublin where there are a lot of skangers?
    My bos was telling me, before halloween how she had "trick or treaters" weeks before Halloween!!!
    Might be the same class of chancers. Its funny, since i moved to Westmeath i cant even give sweets away at Halloween. This year no one called because i got home after 7pm. Last year i had so much ready for them (typical Dublin quantity) and i had most of it left after the 3 or 4 rings od the doorbell.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,391 ✭✭✭arbeitsscheuer

Such people should be beaten to death on the spot. Preferably using a big cross.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Rhyme

Interrupt them and try to convert them.

• Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭Retrovertigo

Just drown them out with a tune of your choice every time they open their mouths and stop the second they stop.

Sure fire winner.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 313 ✭✭Dalfiatach

Bucket of water is yer only man for the parasites.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭boneless

Such people should be beaten to death on the spot. Preferably using a big cross.

Remember the Crucifixion carols we wrote? Roll on Easter!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,966 ✭✭✭GhostInTheRuins

I've never had any carol singers come to the door. I thought they only did that on tv :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

D.T. Jesus wrote: »
    I've never had any carol singers come to the door. I thought they only did that on tv :)

You call yourself Jesus and you have never gone Door to door Carol Singing? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭Trojan911

Who is Carol Singers? Is she an actress or somthing? Never heard of her.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭aidan24326

Just drown them out with a tune of your choice every time they open their mouths and stop the second they stop.

Sure fire winner.

Good idea. A bit of Pantera or Machine Head cranked up to 10 on the stereo should sort it out.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,550 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Trojan911 wrote: »
    Who is Carol Singers? Is she an actress or somthing? Never heard of her.....
    Logistics not your strong point eh?

Advertisement