Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

where to buy a new car

Options
  • 16-11-2007 7:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 556 ✭✭✭

Thinking of buying a new honda or toyota. What are my options? Can they only be sourced through main dealers?
    Can I import from the UK? Would this save any money?

thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭Tipsy Mac

I was looking into this myself but you would need to be getting a hefty cash discount on the new price to make it worthwhile, I checked the calculations on the revenue.ie site for the UK importation duty payable upon registration in Ireland and it wasn't really worthwhile.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,187 ✭✭✭keefg

If you buy a brand new car in the UK and try to bring it into Ireland, you will not only be liable for a hefty VRT bill but the charming people at the government offices will also sting you for 21% VAT.........and I would not be surprised at all if they add the VAT onto the total price (inc VRT) rather than just the price of the car.....whoo hoo, double taxation.

Don't ya just love 'em?

Advertisement