Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Banned from World of Warcraft forums.

Options
  • 16-11-2007 7:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭

Why exactly? A change of moderator is in need if the moderator is incapable of fulfilling his role from a neutral stance. I can only assume he banned me because he didn't like what I did in game, since none of what I posted in that forum broke the rules of any of the charter. I'd like an explanation.
    amp wrote:
    Given that Binomate is giving up WoW, I have banned him/her from the WoW forum. I find it especially ironic that Binomate would report posts in this thread, especially after Koneko lifted normal personal abuse restrictions.

Also odd, is that Binomate would lift him/herself above pseudo ethics in a game and then expect a rigid code of ethics in a forum about that game.

Thread moved to The Thunderdome
    Just saw the explanation in thunderdrome. I never asked to be banned. I never implied I wanted a ban. I never broke the rules of the charter. I only reported posts that contained insults directed at me. How is that worthy of a ban?
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

What did you do in game?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Binomate

dlofnep wrote: »
    What did you do in game?
    Scammed some people for the laugh.

This is the thread in question.http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=54441388#post54441388

Since when have your actions in computer games become grounds for a ban on boards.ie? I'd like to see that in the charter please.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

in fairness you encouraged other people to scam...
    Binomate wrote:
    So the bottom line is that if you're thinking of scamming someone, do it. I recommend it.

i think you have absolutely no grounds for an objection tbh.

edit: nm, he linked it

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,696 Mod ✭✭✭✭Silverfish

I don't know, personally I wouldn't ban someone for saying they cheated or hacked, or for any bad behaviour in-game. I'd ban them for rising people though.

But I find its always a nice balance to get someone like that in a forum, so you get to see the other side of it, ask questions and get answers, and so on. Just to see what you're up against on the servers. That's just me though.

If you can quote the charter where it say that doing so will result in a ban then I'll gladly request that this thread be locked and move along.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,636 ✭✭✭henbane

Binomate wrote: »
    If you can quote the charter where it say that doing so will result in a ban then I'll gladly request that this thread be locked and move along.
    You don't seem to understand how charters work

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

Banned by Amp. It was probably warranted.

Hobbes wrote: »
    Banned by Amp. It was probably warranted.
    Not according to the reason given.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Meh, I'd probably have banned you too. Sounds quite childish, and I don't doubt that you were aware of the reaction you were going to get on the WoW forum when you posted the thread.

BuffyBot wrote: »
    Meh, I'd probably have banned you too. Sounds quite childish, and I don't doubt that you were aware of the reaction you were going to get on the WoW forum when you posted the thread.
    I expected there to be mixed reactions, how ever there were only negative reactions. But that worked just as well because it allowed me to bring up some of the major flaws with the game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,790 ✭✭✭cornbb

In fairness you've been subtly trolling the whole site for a while now...

cornbb wrote: »
    In fairness you've been subtly trolling the whole site for a while now...
    I only ever trolled After Hours, and I got banned fair and square for that.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

i've created a lolcat picture in my mind, that's just perfect for this thread. I'm transmitting it telepathically for the next half hour if anyone's interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,790 ✭✭✭cornbb

Starting a thread in the WoW forum bragging about how you ripped off WoW players isn't trolling?

• Subscribers Posts: 16,587 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

Mordeth wrote: »
    i've created a lolcat picture in my mind, that's just perfect for this thread. I'm transmitting it telepathically for the next half hour if anyone's interested.

I've turned my cranial receiver on but all I am getting is racist jokes and pron?

cornbb wrote: »
    Starting a thread in the WoW forum bragging about how you ripped off WoW players isn't trolling?
    Yes that's right. It was a serious thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Silverfish wrote: »
    I don't know, personally I wouldn't ban someone for saying they cheated or hacked, or for any bad behaviour in-game. I'd ban them for rising people though.

Should read the BF charter methinks ;)

kdjac

copacetic wrote: »
    I've turned my cranial receiver on but all I am getting is racist jokes and pron?

Keep trying. It involves a tiger, a wheelchair, and 15 distinct tablespoons.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

Damn skippy.
    Mordeth wrote: »

Got it. Nice one.

south_park_wow.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,149 ✭✭✭ZorbaTehZ

Ban was over the top imo. K, he scammed a few nubs - it happens everyday.
    Not that I'm condoning the activity, but it's part and parcel of WOW - it was only a matter of time before we had a boardsie who engaged in it.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,218 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

ZorbaTehZ wrote: »

- it was only a matter of time before we had a boardsie who engaged in it.

That doesnt make it right.

I assume though you can be banned outside of what it says in the charter?

kearnsr wrote: »
    That doesnt make it right.

I assume though you can be banned outside of what it says in the charter?
    Nothing makes it wrong in the first place. Mods, you'd want to ban anyone who doesn't condone the act of ganking low level characters or causing other players grief in game as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

You've got my motivations all wrong. I did this not because I was leaving and wanted to go out with a bang. It was purely for the laugh of seeing stupid people send me angry messages when they realise they've just lost all their stuff.
    I wonder if that is amp's reasoning behind banning you, maybe he thinks it's fun to see you get angry after losing your access. Would that make it ok?

Gordon wrote: »
    I wonder if that is amp's reasoning behind banning you, maybe he thinks it's fun to see you get angry after losing your access. Would that make it ok?
    Nice of you to jump to the conclusion that I'm angry. Also, this was not his reasoning. He stated his reasoning.

lol

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Nice of you to jump to the conclusion that I'm angry.
    You're jumping to the conclusion that I am jumping to conclusions. I didn't state, I wondered.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭zerodown

All ya mofos needa chill out and take the pokers from yer bums cause yer talkling pure and utter crap. honestly how far up yer own arses have ye got to be to stay on boards all day bitc.hin about scammers and noobs.

GO OUT GET LAID , sell your pc,. get a life. faaaack

zerodown wrote: »
    All ya mofos needa chill out and take the pokers from yer bums cause yer talkling pure and utter crap. honestly how far up yer own arses have ye got to be to stay on boards all day bitc.hin about scammers and noobs.

GO OUT GET LAID , sell your pc,. get a life. faaaack
    sez the guy posting here at half one on a friday night
    indenial.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,838 ✭✭✭DapperGent

lol

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

Sounds like you got scammed out of your forum access Binomate.

Advertisement