Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Banned from World of Warcraft forums.

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭Varkov

From my point of view (take what you will from that) Binomate did not break any rules, just how he did not break any rules in WoW. He wasn't trolling, as it is a widespread and very real thing that people do, and it was refreshing to hear the other side of the argument.

As far as I can see, Ark banned him, because he has a personal issue with people who do these things, and felt it was fair to ban him for something he did in a game nowhere related to boards.

Would you be justified in banning someone for posting that they slept with a girl, said they would call her and not follow though? This is unethical, and yet many people do.

As for the free roam this moderator has displayed, it brings to mind the saying "who will watch the watchers?" (or something along those lines)

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,696 Mod ✭✭✭✭Silverfish

Varkov wrote: »

As for the free roam this moderator has displayed, it brings to mind the saying "who will watch the watchers?" (or something along those lines)

The admins.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭tba

you should totally be allowed to scam people like this...

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Varkov wrote:

Coastguard?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭jhegarty

Varkov wrote: »

Would you be justified in banning someone for posting that they slept with a girl, said they would call her and not follow though? This is unethical, and yet many people do.

I can think of posts in motors from people who broke the law , in legal from someone up in court for an assault , and I won't even start on some stuff from PI ... but none of these were banned , why is doing bad things in a game worse
    ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

BECAUSE ITS FUNNY.

Christ people how are you actually having an argument about it? essentially karma has bitten him in the ass, and the only resource he'd have about it, that is boards.ie's "e-ethics" (I hate that term) he's already removed, cus he's spouted on about how e-ethics is bull****.

I actually don't get how people are getting all deep and meaningful about this - binomate posted about how he scammed people, then got scammed out of his WoW forum access. its simple, its clear and why the hell do most of you give a flying ****?
    He wasn't trolling, as it is a widespread and very real thing that people do, and it was refreshing to hear the other side of the argument.

and now apparently scamming people is the same as "learning how the other side lives". This thread just furthers my idea that most of the posters on boards these days should have 1)an IQ test and 2) a humour test

Advertisement