Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

fifa is much better

Options
  • 16-11-2007 8:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭

im sorry but i tink its time u all realised

Comments

is if you like things moving at a rrreeeaaalllllly ssslllllooooww paaaaccceee ;)
    not even a ''shoot'' button its a ''goal'' button!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 super luigi

torqdj wrote: »
    im sorry but i tink its time u all realised

Ill admit it. Never thought i would but the new pes is pure ****e.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭torqdj

man i played pes before and its muck, its like a kiddies game of football, now that was a few years back il admit

but u shud try the new fifa, its a lot harder, its almost like a real game, u work hard for ur chances on goal

• Registered Users Posts: 3,182 ✭✭✭dionsiseire

fifa = arcade

pro evo = simulation

Fifa cannot and will not ever be as good as pro evo when it comes to the beautiful game.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

yeah... pro ev has always been a better sim of the real thing than fifa, fifa is goal scoaring multiplayer madness.. but for a real challenging game of football it's pro ev every time.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

man i played pes before and its muck, its like a kiddies game of football, now that was a few years back il admit

but u shud try the new fifa, its a lot harder, its almost like a real game, u work hard for ur chances on goal

So basicially your talking out of your ass about something you have no clue about.

12?

kdjac

• Registered Users Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭Oman

fifa = arcade

pro evo = simulation

QUOTE]

yep you said it

Pro evo=good

Fifa= ****e

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

fifa = arcade

pro evo = simulation

have you not played the new installments of each or something? because that comment is laughable

Mordeth wrote: »
    yeah... pro ev has always been a better sim of the real thing than fifa, fifa is goal scoaring multiplayer madness.. but for a real challenging game of football it's pro ev every time.

not any more alas

pro evo has become the arcade game while fifa is the sim these days

theres room for both like, but its certainly roles reversed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭kdave

pro evo is alrite but the ps3 version has slowdown

fifa is catching up all the time

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭footballcrazy

I have all the iss's, Pro evolutions ever made. Bottem line is that Pes 2008 is simply as massive disapointment and there are some complete idiots out there that will never admit it because they are so loyal to pes. Stop being such tossers and admit that its a complete shambles compared to previous Pes. If konami continue to produce ****t like this then i certainly wont be buying the next one. As I said before - Pro Evo 6-1 Fifa.

fifa won the year of pes3 as well iirc so 5-2

lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Helix wrote: »
    fifa won the year of pes3 as well iirc so 5-2

lol

awesome drunken post man, least you of the age to post drunk :D

kdjac

stone cold sober actually

• Registered Users Posts: 20,049 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

fifa = arcade

pro evo = simulation

Fifa cannot and will not ever be as good as pro evo when it comes to the beautiful game.

used to be until pes2008, played them all since iss on the snes, never been disappointed until this year

even if they just hi deffed pes6 it would have been ok

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

PES2008 is dissappointing is many respects but the gameplay is still sweet.

FIFA 08 is a gigantic leap in the right direction but still just not as good yet.

Its not like im biased, im the Irish FIFA champion 3 years running so its not like i dont play it, i do hate people who presume FIFA is the same as always, i think everyone should play both and make their own mind up, and although FIFA pays the bills and get me holidays i still find myself playing PES in 8 hour sessions with my mates on the weekends.

Mikeyt086 wrote: »
    although FIFA pays the bills and get me holidays i still find myself playing PES in 8 hour sessions with my mates on the weekends.

thats coz its more immediate than fifa these days

KdjaCL wrote: »
    So basicially your talking out of your ass about something you have no clue about.

12?

kdjac

how has my age anything to do with this subject?

how has my age anything to do with this subject?

anyway i need 50 posts to join the soccer forum so i was hoping this would lead to a debate hence the thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,747 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Bouth Fifa 08 for the PS3 cause i was getting annoyed with PES.

Love PES now, FIFA is a complete pile of stinking crap. Wish i hadn't wasted €40 on it.

• Advertisement

Tauren wrote: »
    FIFA is a complete pile of stinking crap. Wish i hadn't wasted €40 on it.

i dont actually believe you bought, or played, fifa 08 at all to be honest

fanboyism is pathetic

Bought it for €40 euro on play when they had their pricing issue a couple of weeks back. Waste of money - game plays like crap.

Nothing I can do to make you believe me though, as you appear to be a FIFA fanboy yourself, so shove it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,038 ✭✭✭Unearthly

Pro Evo is more fun, when the online works

Fifa 08 is an excellent game to, 5 v 5 brings it to a whole new level, Pro Evo can't even do 1 v 1 online yet

Tauren wrote: »
    Bought it for €40 euro on play when they had their pricing issue a couple of weeks back. Waste of money - game plays like crap.

Nothing I can do to make you believe me though, as you appear to be a FIFA fanboy yourself, so shove it.

im not a fifa fanboy

i will always have both fifa and pro evo in my collection ever year, and play both regularly

this year fifa comes out on top tho, and theres no way at all that anyone being even remotely honest could say otherwise

fifa 08 is a stunning game, pro evo 08 is sloppy

Unearthly wrote: »
    5 v 5 brings it to a whole new level, Pro Evo can't even do 1 v 1 online yet

itd be even better if the majority of people playing it werent bona fide idiots tho lol

• Registered Users Posts: 8,038 ✭✭✭Unearthly

True

Everyone seems to think they can do a Maradona/Messi everytime they get the ball

Helix wrote: »
    im not a fifa fanboy

i will always have both fifa and pro evo in my collection ever year, and play both regularly

this year fifa comes out on top tho, and theres no way at all that anyone being even remotely honest could say otherwise

fifa 08 is a stunning game, pro evo 08 is sloppy
    Well I say it honestly - I find the game dreadfully unresponsive, i find the shooting just plain weird (hold whatever button while shooting to do a 'drive' shot....results in the exact same shot as just pressing shoot. Don't find it all that much fun to play. Have a lot more fun playing Pro Evo.

Anyway, you say you are not a fifa fanboy...why should i believe that? your immediate reaction to my postings was to call me a lier - why should i give you the benifit of any doubt if you are so incapable of doing the same yourself?

Nodoy can argue with the online play problems, thats an issue they are dealing with

but those who genuinely believe that PES 08 is sloppy dont enjoy real football. PES 2008 is the closest they have gotten to a simulation of the real thing so far

The Graphics are much improved on the previous games helping it to come in line with fifa which was always ahead on graphics.

The Gameplay of pro evo is as slick as ever, i find that PES08 flows faster than PES6 and that the ball bounce is more realistic, no more hit shoot and its a great shot, you need to get a good connection with the ball and time the bounce and more.

The AI gets better as you play more the game learns from you. you have to vary your game up and become a better overall player.

I find Fifa 08 to have the usual horrible feel on the ball, and the hit it from anywhere matty taylor mentality. the game does not feel right.

If you honestly feel PES is a bad game, go play fifa because your looking for an arcade game.

Pro Evolution Soccer 2008 is by far and away the best soccer game on any console anywhere and im not a fanboy of any type, my brother owns fifa , and i normally pick up the this is football games when they were being released. Pro Evo for years now has been THE game when it comes to football for so long and it hasnt shifted with this new release.

Once Konami get their asses into gear on this online crap and the game plays freely online i wont even put fifa in the playstation again.

People are entitled to their opinions but those who like fifa like a different kind of game, your not looking for a tough game of footy, your looking for a game you can instantly beat and be good at. the fact that people are not instantly good at pes again this year is whats turning them off it.

Cracking Release, Roll on PES 09

Cracking Release, Roll on PES 09
    While I enjoy PES more the FIFa, i don't agree with this. Not on the PS3 anyway.

Only 2 divisions in Master League, only 12 base kits, can only import 8 kits, can't edit emblems/sponsors, lack of stadiums, no world tour mode, no random selection match, poor opposition programming - far too defensive and a number of other problems mean it is far from a 'cracking release' imo.

• Advertisement

Those Items you listed are all marked down for improvement in PES2009

Shingo already was discussing it as this games big release was the TeamVision AI which can only get better.

2 Divisions in Master league isnt a big deal. the Kits have always been a pro evo problem

What is this world tour mode? i dont remember it on ps2, are you expecting a feature thats not been there yet?

no random selection match is correct for ps3, but incorrect for ps2, i too am bewildered at the removal of that function, i really did like that feature.

Poor opposition programming - so your saying you cant get goals, is that a testament to the fact that you cant score or that the game is counteracting how you play and your just finding it difficult, thats the whole idea like.

Advertisement