Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

fifa is much better

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Pro Evo is the biggest dissapointment this year...it should cost 10 Euro for what you get. A pathetic master league with shambolic names/jerseys etc...and yes I know it's not about the graphics...it's about the gameplay but i'm not happy with that at all either and i was the biggest pro evo fan around.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Smegball

I'm actually loving this iteration :D

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭eoin2nc

If all you care about is offical jerseys,leagues,names ect. play Fifa. Pro evo is all about its game play, it always was. I have both, check my sig, but Pro Evo is a better 'football' game, were as Fifa is a more rounded package,Be a Pro online is class.

P.S. some of the posters on this thread need to learn how to spell......

SWOS beats both of them imo

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Fifa has better gameplay this year...in terms of raw skills you can do with a football, fifa wins hands down. In terms of pin point precision, fifa does it for me too. A player does not run like he does in pro evo...it's closer in Fifa even if Fifa is lacking the custom animation for each players run...such as the swagger Ronaldinho has...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

torqdj wrote: »
    i have to say i never thought a PES fan would ever say fifa was better

I'm a PES fan, have been since the ISS days, played it religiously. Loved the gameplay with every iteration.

Now the bombshell... FIFA is a better game overall. Online is a charm rather than a chore. The gameplay is much improved. But what has impressed me the most is the innovation. The 'Pro' mode, though done before, is great fun. [Of course I mean innovation in the series.]

That said, when the next iterations come out, I will be getting PES as I think Konami have gotten the kick up the ar*e they needed to make a better game!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

i'll never agree that fifa is better, it's been too far behind for too long for that kinda lark. fifa is improved whereas pro evo has disapppointed. pro evo was the automatic choice but, after the two last underwhelming releases and fifa's steady rise, next years decision will take a little more informed consideration

• Closed Accounts Posts: 331 ✭✭Alan Smith

I have every pes and was an avid fan until I got a ps3 for christmas and both pes and fifa, played pes 1st as I thought it would be brilliant but was really let down by the poorness of the game. I then proceeded to play a game of fifa which for the first time in the history of the rivalry is much better.Its much harder than ever before and I have yet to have any slowdown issues.

Although I must admit on ps2 pes still edges it. Its just that on ps3 fifa have gone all out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,179 ✭✭✭FunkZ

I'm gonna at long last defect to the FIFA posse. Might buy it tomorrow for the 360... I have PES 2008 for the PC and it's not great.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭bennyc

I have been without my XBrick now for about 8 weeks and only had a few games of Pro Evo on it. I am playing a lot of pro evo on pc but not online.
    Can someone who has fifa give a proper honest review on the online play.

also if I was to get my NAT to off does it make a difference as thats the last thing I was at before my XBOX went tits up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 868 ✭✭✭tdv

If Fifa's so great how come it dosen't have it's own section on boards.ie? :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,038 ✭✭✭Unearthly

tdv wrote: »

Obviously the admins are pes fanboys :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

tdv wrote: »

Great idea tdv! What with all the new releases, its a board that will be in constant use!

tdv FOR MOD!

*joke btw

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭denashpot

pro evo is class. as many people say, fifa is for the kids while pro evo is for the men. good luck with fifa ye stupid children!!!!!! :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,182 ✭✭✭dionsiseire

fifa got all the peripherals around a third generation game right

the video updates, the different gaming options and online play

but they just dont have the gameplay, its woeful to play, i literally feel i dont know where the ball will go, with pro evo i know exactly what im doing, timing is everything, power and placement. there is so much more involved in playing pro evo well and when you do its great to play and watch.

with fifa, it sends me to sleep watching the matches. if PES had all the options and 3rd gen stuff fifa has going for it. would anybody even pick up fifa

• Closed Accounts Posts: 690 ✭✭✭givyjoe81

fifa got all the peripherals around a third generation game right

the video updates, the different gaming options and online play

but they just dont have the gameplay, its woeful to play, i literally feel i dont know where the ball will go, with pro evo i know exactly what im doing, timing is everything, power and placement. there is so much more involved in playing pro evo well and when you do its great to play and watch.

with fifa, it sends me to sleep watching the matches. if PES had all the options and 3rd gen stuff fifa has going for it. would anybody even pick up fifa

Lads your playing with blinkers on, seriously. I have given up on pro evo for the moment for many reasons which culminate in the obvious conclusion that its a stinking pile of sh-i-te, of course there seems to be a few hangers on in boards.ie. Iv been playing since iss 98 and this is rock bottom, you talk of a kids game well pro evo 2008 is it. It's stupidly easy to beat players with the likes of kaka, messi ronaldo and blindinlgy easy to score too. Never mind the totally unacceptable amount of bugs in the game, just take a look at you tube for gods sake. THen the goalkeepers, the usual silly silly cut backs. It's such a predictable game with no variation. Its mostly the same goals over and over, whether they be goal keeper spills, cut backs or stupid 40 yard scorchers which happen perhaps once or twice a game. Then to top it all off we have the farce that is online play which is well inexcusable, simple as.

Now you might like fifa or you may not, but to say its a kids game is ridiculous, its much much harder than pro evo to master, and thats why many people i think have been put off, it's far more realistic which may have taken a small bit of fun out, but i much rather that than playing football ping pong with cricket scores to boot. There are so many features which make fifa a better game, such as you can turn off assisted shooting, so you have full control of where the direction of a shot goes making it much much harder to score the same goal over and over which was hard enough anyway. I could go on for ever as the really is an endless list of why pro evo has fallen behind. I think most people will agree,(and have if online reviews are anything to go by) that fifa is in front at this stage. PES2008 is an absolute turkey and konami have admitted as much with their apologies for the errors in the game. Also the alarming rate at which it went to bargain basement prices says it all really. Fifa simply is the better game, but its not at the level of pes 6 on the ps2 just yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭kwestfan08

always been a pes fan, but this years 1 was ****e.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

I have both games.

Although I prefer Pro Evo, if I'm playing by myself on Live or doing single player I much prefer Fifa.

But when with mates you can not beat Pro.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Karlusss

Haven't had a Fifa since 99 but I must say from two weeks playing Pro Evo 2008, I'm disappointed with it. It feels like running in mud the whole time. I've reverted to playing 6.

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭SlyRax

Why doesn't boards have a FIFA 08 thread, especially with the recent demise of pro evo. I played pro evo last year but switched to FIFA this year because PES2008 is poo poo. By the way anyone else having performance issues on xbox live the last few days

• Registered Users Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

I understand peoples point of view and why you feel this way but playing FIFA is fucking depressing!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 655 ✭✭✭Raggamuffin

actually i bought winning eleven 2008 here in Japan and returned in the next day. Diabolical. Just couldn't believe how amateur Konami's production of the game had gotten. Tripe.

However bought two GREAT games instead. Winning Eleven 10 (+ps3 option file for transfers) and Winning Eleven J League 2007 (no international teams but 2 divisons of J-league plus a mode where you can create a player and bring him all the way in his career etc. if you can read the Kanji...)

Anyway it's also got some innovative modes like world tour where you have to complete specific tasks similar to those in Jonah Lomu Rugby on the playstation.

Overall i got the two games here in Tokyo for under 40euro and compared to the asking price for winning eleven 2008 it's an absolute bargain.

I've noticed something whilst I've been here and that's the overall quality of games released to the Japanese compared to Europe.

Anyway my two cents... Fifa08 hasn't won it's just Konami scored a massive own goal and fielded only 8 players.

As this is the closest thing to a FIFA 08 Thread and seeing as I am a pro evo fan who needs to play online and bought FIFA....

Anyone out there give a few tips on mastering FIFA as so far its not winning me over. Very slow to pass, react,dribble, shoot. I was about to give up last night then out of nowhere I socred from 40yards with Raul. Can you take on a player without the aid of the trick stick. Is there even a training option on the menu or is that what Ronaldinho is for.
    Another thing for playing co-op online do you need a second live account to sign in a guest ?

Also is it not time FIFA got its own thread even an EA Spots Thread as I have a few questions on Madden I wouldnt mind asking....

Alrighty then who wants to try and start an EA Sports thread with me?

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭sharkDawg

Nailz wrote: »
    Alrighty then who wants to try and start an EA Sports thread with me?

Thats a terrible idea, and i'm pretty sure an EA thread was already turned down, thankfully

I'm in, too many converts from pro evo to FIFA (including me) not to do it

I am up for an EA thread even tough I played a few lag free games of pro evo last night.

Okay then, but this has to be EA Games in general alright? I'll post up details later...

I looked up if it was done before and then I discovered that there was an EA thread rejected not just 2 weeks ago, sorry lads... but no, can't do it.

Jesus I only played the be a pro online for the first time last night and for anyone who has not played Fifa you really have to rent it out and have a look at this before posting the "fifa is tooo slow........" playing Newcastle V Sunderland has never been so much crack.

• Advertisement

Nailz wrote: »
    I looked up if it was done before and then I discovered that there was an EA thread rejected not just 2 weeks ago, sorry lads... but no, can't do it.

booooooourns
    bennyc wrote: »
    Jesus I only played the be a pro online for the first time last night and for anyone who has not played Fifa you really have to rent it out and have a look at this before posting the "fifa is tooo slow........" playing Newcastle V Sunderland has never been so much crack.

That is totally sweet, it's like 6 on 6 or 8 on 8 yeah, only played it a couple of times myself but it is class. It's like a real game everyone screaming at each other for a pass, or congratulating each other on a great tackle.

Advertisement