Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Worst club you've been to in Galway?

Options
  • 16-11-2007 8:43pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭

Not gonna put a poll up as I haven't been to them all, but we went into Kennedy's for the first time last night and it was shocking. You walk in and you're like "wait, where's the rest of the club...?". There were 5 of us and we said **** this let's see if they kick us out, so we started break dancing on the dance floor (we were the only people on it) while loads of people sat around the side looking at us. We were throwing eachother around and doing handstands and that but the staff just laughed, so we gathered what was left of out dignity and left :D Great craic to be fair.

GPO is a bit of a kip but I love the music there and the prices are good too, so it's actually one of my favourite spots.

I've heard terrible things about Club Pi....

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

all clubs in Galway are shite... it's more a case of the lesser of 7 evils... I was in Pi for the opening (i've no idea why, i was working at 9 the next morning). barstaff were absolute spanners and just a wierd vibe to the place... it's more like a superpub with not enough chairs really... it's wierd...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,149 ✭✭✭ZorbaTehZ

Club Pi without a doubt. Though I never liked Karma at all either.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭Fionn MacCool

ZorbaTehZ wrote: »
    Club Pi without a doubt. Though I never liked Karma at all either.

I've only been to Karma once (got dragged through the entire place and out the back door by one of the bouncers for not much at all lol) but I was quite impressed. The dance floor is pretty small and gets packed, but there's lots of bars so it's fairly easy to get a drink.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,266 ✭✭✭Steyr

Warwick.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭Fracture

has to be Club pi

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭DEmeant0r

Club pi for me, followed directly by Club Vertigo(The one that used to be out in Oranmore), Vertigo was um... empty when we got there and there were 4 floors of emptiness...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 buckie

frenchies

• Closed Accounts Posts: 286 ✭✭Morbid.Angel

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,376 ✭✭✭gaeilgegrinds

Ah God, the memories, Frenchies!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 956 ✭✭✭Mike...

Pi is some kip...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭4zn76tysfajdxp

Pi.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,095 ✭✭✭LadyMayBelle

karma. only been there once, and that was once too much.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭*Tripper*

Pi is awfully bad!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,873 ✭✭✭Simi

Club Pi hands down. I don't really count Kennedy's as a club per say. Was only in there once briefly 1 nite when everywhere else was full...

Went up to the bar. Saw a girl crack another girl over the head with a full can of red bull...quickly found my friends & left.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 313 ✭✭Dalfiatach

They're all rubbish. How come Galway clubs are all so bloody awful? The Gippo is probably the worst though...there's a bad nasty vibe to that place. Pi is just....odd. Very odd.

I have vague memories of Vagabond's in Salthill many many years ago being a good spot, but every time I was there I was hammered so it might have been a kip too :D

• Registered Users Posts: 710 ✭✭✭justfortherecor

Sorry, haven't been in Galway for a while now. Is Pi where Church Lane used to be?

That club always reminded me of this painting:
    Church Lane

• Registered Users Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭wet-paint

The venue was always a bit of a dive, but now it's Pi ftw. Pure ****e.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 179 ✭✭nonamemark

This post has been deleted.

Yup, all the clubs are ****e except Pi back in the day. Just go to a late bar and then you don't have to roar your head off just to ask someone do they want to go out for a smoke. Plus you don't have to put up with as many fools

• Registered Users Posts: 2,378 ✭✭✭Krieg

nonamemark wrote: »
    Yup, all the clubs are ****e except Pi back in the day. Just go to a late bar and then you don't have to roar your head off just to ask someone do they want to go out for a smoke. Plus you don't have to put up with as many fools

QFT
    Dalfiatach wrote:
    The Gippo is probably the worst though...there's a bad nasty vibe to that place

I get that as well, Usually due to the number of scumbags in there. But I cant really comment on the GPO, I havent been there in nearly 2 years!. It might of changed since..? I still enjoyed the 80's nights there

Personally I would consider the Warwick to be the worst

• Closed Accounts Posts: 100 ✭✭5times

Dalfiatach wrote: »
    They're all rubbish. How come Galway clubs are all so bloody awful? The Gippo is probably the worst though...there's a bad nasty vibe to that place. Pi is just....odd. Very odd.

I have vague memories of Vagabond's in Salthill many many years ago being a good spot, but every time I was there I was hammered so it might have been a kip too :D

Ah Vagabonds every Friday and Saturday night - great stuff. Bushing in Salthill Park first - bottle of bucky and six cans - out of our faces on the stroll down - free in with passes - great tunes from the speakers as we sat around the stage talking absolute ****e to each other. The good old days without a doubt.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 719 ✭✭✭Bass Cadet

Most clubs in Galway are ****e. DeBurgo's and Cuba are the only half decent ones I can think of. Halo and CP's are like a reflection of all that is bad in modern Ireland. Glad that some decent pubs around the west are actually staying open till 1 or 2 am now

As mentioned before, Vagabonds was outstanding! :D Also The Castle in Salthill was one of the best in Ireland at one stage! Got in there when I was 15! The cops regular drug-busts were some craic!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,432 ✭✭✭big b

Just curious...........what's so bad about the Warwick?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭oneofakind32

Those of you saying Pi obviously had the common sense never to set foot in Kennedy's

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭4zn76tysfajdxp

I've been in Kennedy's on St patrick's Night, very briefly. They refused us into Pi!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭JIZZLORD

Pi and kennedys for their scumminess
    Gpo for its scumbags (80s night is good though)
    cps because it's not my kind of place.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,260 ✭✭✭jdivision

Was in Galway a few months ago and we just kind of stumbled into GPO. Never again. Manky.

big b wrote: »
    Just curious...........what's so bad about the Warwick?

Never had a bad night in the Warwick myself

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭padi89

Bass Cadet wrote: »
    Also The Castle in Salthill was one of the best in Ireland at one stage!

The only thing the Castle was good for was getting the odd good DJ to play other than that it was FULL of scumbags, knacker central and the interior was no better than any country shindig.If you wanted to just get off your tits and dance it was fine........i suppose.

padi89 wrote: »
    The only thing the Castle was good for was getting the odd good DJ to play other than that it was FULL of scumbags, knacker central and the interior was no better than any country shindig.If you wanted to just get off your tits and dance it was fine........i suppose.

Never had any problems in there myself. You'd see more drunken aggro and hear more bull**** at yer average CP's night out. The place looked like a ****hole but then again some of the best Berlin nightclubs look like complete dives. In fact one of the best I've been to was in an underground tube station. Give me a grubby, musty Castle with a hopping atmosphere over the bland, boring, clean as a whistle theme bar/club ****e that seems to be so prevelant in galway and around the country right now

• Advertisement

I've only been to Karma once (got dragged through the entire place and out the back door by one of the bouncers for not much at all lol) but I was quite impressed. The dance floor is pretty small and gets packed, but there's lots of bars so it's fairly easy to get a drink.

Bouncers in Karma are complete muppets. They regularly chuck people out for nothing. I was thrown out before for 'walking' through the dance floor -no joke!! The club is complete kack aswell, its run by the same people who have the Skeff

Advertisement