Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

best Night club in Dublin

Options
2»

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,373 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

Time is in Naas and it's a bog standard big night club, if you like them you'll like Time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 MissEve

Yea zndzybar is only asian trans and all turkysh and asian ppl in it.;/ time i think is good but yea its rip off:)

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭phishcakes

i think copper face jacks is usaully pretty good any night of the week.

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭Boxman

I went to Zanzibar last friday at 1am looking for a quick pint or two. Is it really 15 euro in?? (Didn't pay it)

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,373 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

phishcakes wrote: »
    i think copper face jacks is usaully pretty good any night of the week.

yeah deffo. Coppers all the way...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭bobtjustice

For music and generally decent people
    Whelans and Pravada
    Generally great music in both

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 MissEve

copper Jacks emm one day i pased that club but it looked like pub :)
    where is Whelans never heared this name before ;) and Pravda emm i dont know its to many foreners ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

hmmm..

Tough one really. I like dub pubs.. dont like the clubs..and ive been to alot of them...

Theres a place beside Krystal down from coppers... Krystal i think is downstairs and the club is upstairs.. you can see one from the other in the beergarden. i like there.. been there about 6 or 8 times last year..

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭SxE Punk

Considering the volume of metal heads on boards, I'm surprised Voodoo hasn't been mentioned yet.

The best live music and the best crowds, sound staff and its usually about three euro to get into a gig.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 jnicruairi

Copperz defo!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭shane86

burdon wrote: »
    the redbox now tri pod is really quite a good laugh.
    the last two times i was in zanzibar the place was crawling with asian trannies.

I wouldnt say crawling but yeah there is a group of a few trannys and older, but past it Thai/Fliipino "women" there. Still, keep sensible and its a decent spot :p Play some nice electro house and such and any time Ive been the bouncer has been sound (apart from once when I showed up mindless drunk but sure thats my fault). Though we miraclously managed to get in the evening after the Ireland V Wales Euro 08 qualifier around March 07, we had been on the beer since 3pm :eek: Few jerseys around and all so maybe they are lenient on match daysFor some reason after looking at your ID he always quotes the price as "five dollars" or "ten dollars" instead of euro :D Dunno why, hes Polish or roundabouts. Barely any Irish women mind, which means you are chancing your arm with a load of East European girls who, from my experience, are nearly always long term attatched from their late teens.
    Boxman wrote: »
    I went to Zanzibar last friday at 1am looking for a quick pint or two. Is it really 15 euro in?? (Didn't pay it)

Its something ridicilously cheap like a fiver on Friday Im nearly certain.

Was in the Palace club once. Seemed ok, bouncers were grand (they must be, they let me in drunk as a skunk with no ID :D Depending on who you ask I look anywhere between 17 and 23, though more people would say the older figure )Cant even recall the club all that much tbh.

But as for the Palace pool hall during the day, disgraceful. The barman (probably Brazillian, unsure) appeared to be absoloutely stoned, he gave us suspicious looks, after examining our IDs like a US immigration official he agreed to the 3 of us getting a table. Even though there were a few "heads" around he gave us hassle, we werent dressed to impress but come on, it was a Friday afternoon, two of us were off work and the 3rd wasnt in work until 6pm (bar work) so we were dressed fairly casually (irony being that we had decided on this place rather than Quirkeys because we could have a pint and we assumed there would be less schwars around the place, although in fairness played pool in Quirkeys yesterday morning, could do with a jukebox upstairs but the tables are grand). He took our orders and our money individually (which meant of the 3 of us, one of the lads finally got his pint maybe 8 minutes after I had got mine). He brought my pint to the wrong side of the bar, realised I was still waiting where Id approached him, then brought the pint over. Everyone makes mistakes I suppose, but then to top it off I hand in the note, he goes to till.....and goes back to the SAME ****ING SIDE of the bar he had thought I was waiting when bringing the pint, we were half expecting Jeremy Beadle to jump out and announce it was all a piss take. 20 mins into our game and I needed another pint, and **** it if I was going to go back to the clown who was monged out of his bin, there was a large queue at the bar resulting from his messing around (he was the only one working) so I says sod it, Ill get it downstairs. Downstairs staff ask where I have come from (had left my two mates upstairs so I suppose they thought it was odd I was coming in alone). When I said I wanted to grab a pint and head upstairs they said I had to order at the upstairs bar :mad: (I know this rule has sense behind it in that a barman upstairs may have refused service with good reason, and therefore it is to prevent people refused drink upstairs from getting it downstairs, but this twat was so baked my hour of pool would have nearly been up before he served me!). Didnt even bother with the pint in the end, awful place, never going for a game there again. How that guy got a job there is beyond me, bars and clubs are usually very selective in the type of people they hire re experience and general ability to multitask.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,535 ✭✭✭Raekwon

giddyup wrote: »
    Hollywood Nights - here endeth the thread.

I was too young to remember Hollywood Nights but I used to go there alot when they renamed it The Deep.

It used to be packed at the weekends (as was the Bull & Bear pub around the corner in the Stillorgan Park Hotel) and it was full of nice eye candy (hard to score in though as they were mostly Foxrock birds who thought their sh*t didn't smell). The tunes were decent enough and the decor was like an under ground cave, which was pretty cool, at one stage it even had a fish tank around the entrance. I closed at the end of the summer of 96 I think. Ah the memories :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭MIN2511

I don't do night clubs regularly, prefer bars and pubs... was in D2 on sunday, quite disappointed!!!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,562 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

MIN2511 wrote: »
    I don't do night clubs regularly, prefer bars and pubs... was in D2 on sunday, quite disappointed!!!
    Why on earth would you respond to a thread where you've no interest other than take it off topic?
    Back to op...Sin E. I'm a bit older so can blend in better. Free in,smoke waga outside and music's very good and sometimes live.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 <-Ste->

Anyone ever go to Rodeo Joe's in Churchtown? Also Known as McGowan's, can be a good laugh, usually plenty of fanny on the go as well

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 Miocko

For music and generally decent people
    Whelans and Pravada
    Generally great music in both

Whelan's bar is nowhere near as good as it was....actually I avoid the place at all costs now. and i know other people feel the same.
    The Nightclub is ok....but they are really beginning to underwhelm me with the music....it is like some put on a tape mixed from last year and pressed play ..and the place is often packed stupid.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 ajarms86

Has Anyone ever heard of The Velvet Room Night Club?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 john2770

Copper face jacks management have to be bit Nice to foreign people. My name is john i am from Dublin i was out with my mate mark and two other foreign fellas two of us were white and two were Coloured. we all work together we know each other for very long time. we were out on 26th December st Stephens night for few drinks for Xmas. we were ona long queue ones we get to the door the door man just looked at us and said you two can get in but he couldn't let two of my coloured friends in. i think that wasn't fair at all we asked them very politely and they still couldn't let them in and then we just left and wait outside for a while there were doing same thing to the foreign lads i think that's disgraceful the way they were treating them we are all human end of the day black or white doesn't matter. i think the management really have to work on this be nice to the customers thank you john!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭rcaz

Zombie thread! If anyone wants to discuss this topic more, start a new thread. Let's let this one die in peace.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement