Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Anyone ever heard of these guys.......??

• 16-11-2007 9:18pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,647 ✭✭✭✭

Hi

Just wondering if anyone has ever heard of a band called "High On Fire"??? I've agreed to go to their gig in the Voodoo Lounge(I think?) with a mate, instead of going to Mayhem in the Button Factory(teehee)......???

Just wondering what they're like.......?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,822 ✭✭✭Morf

decide for yourself High On Fire Myspace

Pelican are great too!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Good band, I have one of their albums, not sure which offhand.

Here's a video:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,403 ✭✭✭spiritcrusher

Pretty damn cool band. I have The Art of Self Defence and Blessed Black Wings and heard the new one is good too. Wanted to go the gig but I've an exam that very day. Sickened.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,647 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

Morf wrote: »
    decide for yourself High On Fire Myspace

Pelican are great too!

I actually think that Pelican's music is quite good. Not a fan of instrumental albums tho................get bored with em.

If only Pelican had a vocalist.............

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

I've agreed to go to their gig in the Voodoo Lounge(I think?) with a mate, instead of going to Mayhem in the Button Factory(teehee)......???

Mayhem are playing the 29th November and High On Fire/Pelican are playing the 11th December, you can (and should!) go to both.

High On Fire are excellent live, never really got into their studio stuff but they blew me away when I saw them last year. Pelican are also really good live and again they are best experienced live rather than on CD.

• Advertisement

John wrote: »
    Mayhem are playing the 29th November and High On Fire/Pelican are playing the 11th December, you can (and should!) go to both.High On Fire are excellent live, never really got into their studio stuff but they blew me away when I saw them last year. Pelican are also really good live and again they are best experienced live rather than on CD.

Nah..........I think I'll give Mayhem a miss.....??? Not a fan of Black Metal - was into it when I was younger.........

Oh, I thought from your first post above that you were in two minds about going to one or the other. My bad, sorry!

John wrote: »
    Oh, I thought from your first post above that you were in two minds about going to one or the other. My bad, sorry!

I was for a minute, yes. Think I'll go to HOF instead of Mayhem. Black Metal seems a bit stupid n pointless to me.

It has its moments but a lot of it is serious poser ****e. I'm going for Mayhem as I think the new album is quite good (can't say that for all their previous albums) and the current singer Attila is a beast of a vocalist, incredibly good (and not in a screechy screechy BM way).

HOF are class all the time so if I was to choose between the two, I'd say HOF.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 214 ✭✭gokgok

High on Fire were great when they played here last year.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 456 ✭✭Arucard

Pelican FTW

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭Pugsley

Ill be at the Belfast gig to see Pelican, their superb, never heard of HoF.

Advertisement