Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shop woes

Options
  • 16-11-2007 10:03pm

Ok, I'm impossibly confused about something. I was trying to get irish broadband from the Carphone warehouse (not sure if we can use names, mods feel free to edit if need be). In their brochure it states that it is 75euro activation fee and includes first 2 months usage. Yet when I went in and asked, they told me that it was 75euro PLUS an additional 35 euro activation fee.. a deposit.. they told me.

Yet, when checking it out online, I can't actually see anything about a 75euro charge. In fact, when you fill out the details, the end price is 64.45 and not the 110euro that carphone warehouse was going to charge.

How can they get away with this?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

Buy it directly from them and cut out the middleman

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

Moved from AH.

Terry wrote: »
    Moved from AH.

Funnily enough I was going to post that here originally, then I thought could it be a consumer issue more than anything else, then I decided that AH was in between the 2.

It just really annoyed me the way they stated on their brochure that the 75euro included the 1st 2 months usage, only to find out it wasn't the case.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

advertising standard and complain online

www.asai.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

It also says high speed on the box... or something...

• Advertisement
Advertisement