Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Super glue/ Mergers and Acquisitions

Options
  • 16-11-2007 10:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭

Ok! Mods Whats are the rules? I have had my posts merged / glued in this forum. IMHO opinion if you post more then 3 or 4 jokes in one thread you looose out on the humour and everyone gets bo(ard)ed and don't even read your jokes !

Does the charter need to be changed? Do you get bored if a thread has too many jokes? If you post what is the min time between posts before you consider merging ? I really want to know so as to not over post ? If I post every 1/ 5/10 hours will you merge my posts. What is the norm ? Its hard enough to find new material and then a Mod glues thenm all together I assume to not bump other jokes off the site! would be great if enough jokes were posted ever day! I am seriously thinking of not bothering to post any more! What are the timing rules ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

There are no hard and fast rules regarding the timing and spacing of jokes. We just try to use a bit of common sense. Have a look at some of my posts. I will often post 3 jokes at the same time, usually if they are related say jokes about horses or something. The problem with posting a lot of jokes one after the other in separate threads is that they push other jokes that may not yet have been read by many people off the first page. We want all the jokes to reach the audience, I'm sure you do too. Use your discretion when posting, there's nothing to stop you editing a thread posted a few minutes ago and adding a new joke to it. Who knows you might get a few 5 star threads by combining a few good jokes together.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭dak

Hagar wrote: »
    There are no hard and fast rules regarding the timing and spacing of jokes. We just try to use a bit of common sense. Have a look at some of my posts. I will often post 3 jokes at the same time, usually if they are related say jokes about horses or something. The problem with posting a lot of jokes one after the other in separate threads is that they push other jokes that may not yet have been read by many people off the first page. We want all the jokes to reach the audience, I'm sure you do too. Use your discretion when posting, there's nothing to stop you editing a thread posted a few minutes ago and adding a new joke to it. Who knows you might get a few 5 star threads by combining a few good jokes together.

I agree about common sense ! However As somone who is not interested in bumping my number of posts I have found sometimes this is quite the opposite ! The one good joke I might post is lost in the middle of me trying to meet a mods suggestion of posting a few in one thread which in my mind is not clear or even mentioned in the charter . If the forum was swamped daily with new jokes I could appreciate this might be within the charter but as it isn't I feel somewhat restricted ! If I see loads of jokes I will go back to whatever page I last remembered even if someone else had the posted loads of jokes until I came to a joke I last remembered on the forum.

I think the mods do a great job but don't dis-encourage people to post as many new posts as possible. If all made a big effort the mods would not even be able to find the dud posts !!

Dak....Hopefully not RIP

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

The last thing we want to do is discourage people from posting. Personally I welcome the recent influx of active posters, including yourself, on the forum. I mod this forum because I love Humour in all it's forms. I would hate to think that anyone stopped posting because of a disagreement over how the forum is modded or how the Charter is worded. The Charter is just a set of guidelines to make the place run as smoothly as possible. It may not be perfect but it's good. All that we want to do is provide an area where people can have some fun. If that means asking people to observe certain practical measures when posting that's what we do. If you're going to post two blonde jokes, why not post them in the same thread? Search back I have often posted seven or eight jokes on the same thread. My last post had three I think. Read the thread. Most people liked the first two and not the third. Then a couple of people came along who liked the third one. As I said in that thread "there's one for everyone in the audience". You are not being asked to do anything that I am not doing. It doesn't get fairer than that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭dak

Hagar wrote: »
    The last thing we want to do is discourage people from posting. Personally I welcome the recent influx of active posters, including yourself, on the forum. I mod this forum because I love Humour in all it's forms. I would hate to think that anyone stopped posting because of a disagreement over how the forum is modded or how the Charter is worded. The Charter is just a set of guidelines to make the place run as smoothly as possible. It may not be perfect but it's good. All that we want to do is provide an area where people can have some fun. If that means asking people to observe certain practical measures when posting that's what we do. If you're going to post two blonde jokes, why not post them in the same thread? Search back I have often posted seven or eight jokes on the same thread. My last post had three I think. Read the thread. Most people liked the first two and not the third. Then a couple of people came along who liked the third one. As I said in that thread "there's one for everyone in the audience". You are not being asked to do anything that I am not doing. It doesn't get fairer than that.

Fair enough..........

• Registered Users Posts: 968 ✭✭✭Oliverdog

Dak, I've seen your jokes all over the place and never get bored with them - keep 'em coming. You've even got a few of the golfers smiling over in Sports, and they're sometimes a bit serious. Capt'n Midnight has been known to post dozens of jokes in the same thread, including an absolute classic on Tommy Cooper jokes just posted. Hagar's right - we're all having a good time. :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement