Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DVD region 1 to region 2

• 16-11-2007 10:50pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 456 ✭✭

Hi, does any one know of a easy and cheap way around converting a region 1 DVD to region 2??

All advice welcome :confused:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭AdrianII

Copy the dvd onto a blank dvd, and change the region code to region 2 or 0 when e burning the image

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 456 ✭✭sgt.bilko

CAn you explain in plain lingo.

im not overly familiar how to change regions !:confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭Deliverance

clonedvd and dvdSanta software apparently can convert dvd's to region '0' which is region free. I found this info on this site:http://club.cdfreaks.com/f74/converting-pal-region-1-dvd-174983/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭Drag00n79

DVD Decrypter will do the same.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭artvandulet

Do you have a Region 1 disc you want to play in your region 2 player?
    If so , why not just unlock your player to be region free. Very simple to do.

If this is the case and you need help, post the make and model number of the DVD player in question and I'll reply with unlocking code.

Alternatively, just google DVD hacks or DVD region codes.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 274 ✭✭Mrs Roy Keane

can you unblock a dvd/video combi?

If you mean, make it region free, then of course. I have a Samsung combi and made it region free.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 221 ✭✭jonnner

Anyone know if you can make an xbox360 region free?
    I mean for DVD purposes as opposed to the games which are also region protected.

I'm sure its possible but not as straight forward as a regular DVD player. Probably need to change the firmware or something. Try googling "XBOX 360 hacks". I'm sure you'll find something.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 UTJAMS

sgt.bilko wrote: »
    Hi, does any one know of a easy and cheap way around converting a region 1 DVD to region 2??

All advice welcome :confused:

Nine times out of ten, all you need is DVD Shrink and DVD decrypter.

If you don't already have these, get them.

DVD shrink will decrypt and shrink the DVD, and DVD Decrypter will burn it, region free, onto a new DVD.
    What you are doing, however, is illegal!

• Advertisement
Advertisement