Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

multiple spiral cartilage

Options
  • 16-11-2007 10:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,421 ✭✭✭

Right, so instead of my nape I got my tongue done (I pointed to the wrong part of my body! :D:rolleyes:) there two weeks ago. I'm lovin' it!

Of course, now I'm thinking of my next project...and have taken a fancy to multiple spiral cartilage piercings! Think they add a little zest to a pretty regular piercing.

Just wondering if anyone has one? Is there any special requirements...like a minimum or maximum number of holes? I'd like to get three. Like a scaffold, can they all be done at the same time, or is there an objection to that? And with different needles, I'm presuming.

I'm guessing that they'd heal with separate BCRs and then put in the spiral jewellery...?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

dont know how easy spiral jewellery is to get but you could always get a long barbell and twist it... dunno if it would hold though.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 SplashBack

The only minimum is you need at least 2 holes but there's no max per se. Check out bme's ear piercing section. It is dependent on the individual but you should be able to get as many as you want and be able to add to them over time if you have space, how they heal etc. They can be pierced together but should be healed with separate BCRs and you can get a spiral custom fitted just for you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,421 ✭✭✭bluedolphin

I've seen jewellery available online; simple spiral pieces.

I like 3...it's a magic number after all :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

means that it would have to be pierced exactly to the jewellery. which isnt too bad but probably better to custom bend a barbell... when ya getting it done?

3 is not magic, eleventy is.

• Registered Users Posts: 996 ✭✭✭Léan

They can be done at the same time and you could put in BCR's or the spiral bar straight away.
    Speaking from experience I really don't recommend putting in the spiral bar until it's well healed though.
    Other then that they're easy enough to track down online or just to bend a barbell or Teflon.. I'd go with Teflon, :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,421 ✭✭✭bluedolphin

I presume that I'd have to go in with the spiral piece when I'm getting pierced so that the holes can be matched up evenly, right? I think it'd prob be easier to let them heal as 3 separate BCRs.

thankies for the replies :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭Crumble Froo

now that you mention it though... don't they usually refuse to use jewellery that's been brought from outside? i'd maybe try talk it through with them before going in for it, maybe get *them* to order it in for you, so as they can keep to their policy of using only jewellery from the store, and you can get your favoured jewellery.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 822 ✭✭✭Kastro

you can get large barbells (60mm) in site for such projects.. the studio should be able to get them in for ya.. to be honest, i would get the piercings individually because if the jewelery isnt made to fit perfectly it will pull at the shape of your ear and irritate the piercing.. it probably wont heal.. but if it does... its after it sitting in your ear for the best part of a year or 2.. if you were to remove the jewlery, reshape and refit it while the piercing is unhealed its going to hurt.. but then again alot of piercers are very confident in their work and can do it...

• Registered Users Posts: 40 SplashBack

Personally I wouldn't advise getting the spiral jewellery before getting the piercing, its a better idea to get pierced and then when healed get your piercer to custom bend a barbell to fit your piercings, when piercings are healing they can migrate slightly if they get pulled in your hair or you play with them often and even the tiniest of moves can make a ready-to-wear piece of jewellery uncomfortable. Also many piercers refuse to use jewellery you bring in because they cannot testify to its suitability for healing a piercing etc, however some places will happily autoclave it for you and send you on your way to do it yourself. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 119 ✭✭sarahirl

hey bluedolphin, did you ever get this done? unbelieveably some money left over this month so gonna go for it - been flapping my gums about it for years

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 329 ✭✭!!!

I'm getting a 2 hole helix spiral in a few months.
    I custom ordered it from anatometal, cost a pretty penny but it looks fantastic.
    My piercer doesn't really have a problem with me bringing it in 'from outside' as its anatometal.
    I plan to get it pierced initially with the spiral. If problems arise then I will simply change it to barbells for the duration of the healing period.
    Good luck. :)

Advertisement