Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

charging new phone

• 16-11-2007 11:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 17

Hi

Got a new sony ericsson w910i today. Was wondering if need to do a long charge first time round, like i have for phones in the past. There was no mention of it in the info leaflets/user manuel. If so, how long does it need to charge?

Thanks for your help :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,647 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

micsd wrote: »
    Hi

Got a new sony ericsson w910i today. Was wondering if need to do a long charge first time round, like i have for phones in the past. There was no mention of it in the info leaflets/user manuel. If so, how long does it need to charge?

Thanks for your help :)

Phone stores usually suggest giving a new phone a full charge before use.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭eqwtegmtykultyk

Best thing is to leave it charging overnight. It'll probably say battery full after an hour or so, but it's best to charge it for 9/10 hours to charge all the cells.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 micsd

thanks, will do :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,924 ✭✭✭eamon234

No need - most batteries with new phones come partially charged already anyway and the whole full charge thing is just a throwback to the old nimh batteries used years ago - lithium ion batteries are electronically controlled so it doesn't matter it will in no way affect the performance of the battery.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,133 ✭✭✭Slice

It haven't seen a full charge on purchase being recommended in any phone manual in quite a number of years

• Advertisement
Advertisement