Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Psu

Options
  • 17-11-2007 12:02am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭

My Hiper Type-R 580watt is on its last legs; routinely not booting, crashing and making a annoying buzzing sound. Got it over 2 years ago so I got a good bit of life out of it. So anyway, can anyone recommend a good new PSU. Most be greater then 550watt and my budget is around the 100 notes mark. Low noise level would be nice plus too. Thank You :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

corsair are good. They benefit from being modular but they don't have 4 PCIe connectors so they aren't really good for SLI 8800 GTX's.

Look for a PSU thats at least ATX2.2+ compliant, with 4x12v rails with decent amppage. PSU's by "PC P&C" are supposed to be good

• Registered Users Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭Ri_Nollaig

Im using a single 8800gts and a quad, motherboard doesnt support sli so i wont be going sli anytime soon. Those corsairs do look good, think ill pick up that 650watt one. Thanks for the info lads.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,694 ✭✭✭Dingatron

From the site. I'd RMA it if your within the warrenty. My friends went the same way after 2 years and he's getting a replacement from them.

http://www.hipergroup.com/English/faq.html
    HIPER PSUs come with 3-Year RTB warranty, commencing from the date of purchase. Please keep your receipt in a safe place. The first year (may vary to different retailers, please check before purchasing) is covered by retailers and the remaining two years is with HIPER on RTB basis.

Dingatron wrote: »
    From the site. I'd RMA it if your within the warrenty. My friends went the same way after 2 years and he's getting a replacement from them.

http://www.hipergroup.com/English/faq.html
    HIPER PSUs come with 3-Year RTB warranty, commencing from the date of purchase. Please keep your receipt in a safe place. The first year (may vary to different retailers, please check before purchasing) is covered by retailers and the remaining two years is with HIPER on RTB basis.
    nah ive lost almost all the orginaly package (came in a cool box actually) but thanks anyway :)

went for that 650watt corsair on dabs

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,468 ✭✭✭highlydebased

Ri_Nollaig wrote: »
    (came in a cool box actually)

Wait till u see the Corsair packaging....its wrapped in this fancy little bag inside the box. Class.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

Wait till u see the Corsair packaging....its wrapped in this fancy little bag inside the box. Class.

yeah, the Corsair box is excellent, they matched the colour of the box to the PSU, and the PSU looks badass also. I actually appreciate little things like getting something in good packaging (die clamshells :mad:) Plus there is an excellent smell of new hardware when you open the box, lol, I actually took a picture of it when I got mine. :D sorry to ruin it for you. You can check out my other pictures of it from the build log link in my sig

ht25.JPG

• Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭nibble

Yeah its a great psu and box! You even get that bag for your extra cables. Oh and they give you a case badge too :D.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,468 ✭✭✭highlydebased

I also took photos...lol The casebadge was a nice touch I thought

426718102a5892605808l.jpg

426718102a5892605731l.jpg

426718102a5892605666l.jpg

L31mr0d wrote: »
    yeah, the Corsair box is excellent, they matched the colour of the box to the PSU, and the PSU looks badass also. I actually appreciate little things like getting something in good packaging (die clamshells :mad:) Plus there is an excellent smell of new hardware when you open the box, lol, I actually took a picture of it when I got mine. :D sorry to ruin it for you. You can check out my other pictures of it from the build log link in my sig

looks good :D and ive already seen it in your build log :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,743 ✭✭✭kleefarr

Corsair also get my vote.

I put the VX450W in my brother in laws PC a couple of moths ago. Lovely.

So nice in fact that I am waiting for delivery of this beast in the next couple of days. :)

4ryb_large.jpg

Corsair 750W PSU INFO

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

Yep i have one too. Cant complain with it at all. Completly silent and the rails are 100% stable

Advertisement